|Background / General description:|
|The Information Technology Coordinator will provide ongoing support for his/her respective local office staff as well as staff visiting from HQ or other Country Office(s). S/he will manage the full range of information technologies for the local Country Office. This includes, but not limited to, addressing daily desktop application and network support, issues concerning the maintenance and implementation of IT standards, knowledge sharing, coordination with contractors, maintaining local vendor relations and understanding contracts/Service Level Agreements (SLA), as well as providing local office training.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Primary point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software and communications support for the CO.
• Work closely with other IT support elements, both within the region and in ITS.
• Perform IT activities for all CO support components, including installation of communications, hardware, system software, and telephony.
• Under the direction of the Regional IT Program Manager, assist in establishing the IT budget for the CO.
• Assist in the decision making/planning process of IT needs at the beginning/end of each fiscal year.
• Advise Regional IT Specialist on standard IT equipment orders for CO.
• Under the direction of Regional IT Program Manager, evaluate and pilot test new products and services, both hardware and software.
• Propose IT applications and coordinate their implementations.
• Provide IT training for staff members, particularly for newly hired staff.
• Administer WBG information security standards, including requesting IT accounts, SecurIDs, remote access and passwords.
• Provide local expertise on all WBG Standard Software and Corporate applications.
• Follow up with all fixes and repairs to IT problems for Country Office.
• Setup, configure, and maintain video-conference, audio-visual equipment and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences.
• Prepare laptop PCs for mission travel.
• Train laptop users in remote access systems, such as SSL VPN, Fiberlink and Webmail
• Disseminate IT information to Country Office and visiting staff with the ITS Outreach team.
• Coordinate Country Office moves of IT hardware and communications.
• Ensure Service Level Agreements are maintained with local maintenance providers.
• Attend expert training when required and maintain a working knowledge of the IT trends in the business relevant to supporting the WBG IT standards.
• Adhere, advise and enforce the technology standard requirements and procedures of WBG.
• Maintain a proper inventory of all CO IT related equipment and software.
• Maintain records in CO database for offices that have been identified as areas of primary support.
• Assist staff in procurement of cell phones and Blackberry devices.
• Ensure that the integrity and security of WBG Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation.
• Collect feedback on IT services from clients, through surveys and other tools, and inform the Regional IT Program Manager.
• Use the ‘Remedy’ call tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities.
• Monitor local and international technology trends and developments.
• Act as department’s software asset custodian and ensure licensed software is tracked and maintained in line with Software Asset Management (SAM) Policy, Process and Procedure manual.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology (or equivalent combination of education and experience), and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the office technology support field.
• Proven computer literacy.
• Experience with WBG’s standard operating systems and desktop software including but not limited to Microsoft Windows 7, Office 2013, Outlook 2013 and SAP.
• Experience with Dell, Lenovo and HP hardware, including servers.
• Knowledge and experience with Cisco network equipment.
• Experience with Wide Area Networking and remote access systems.
• Working knowledge of office technology hardware - PCs, printers, fax machines, modems, etc.
• Ability to trouble-shoot problems over the telephone
• Excellent communications skills; the ability to listen and then clearly describe the problem and proposed solution
• General knowledge of the mission and business requirements of the International Finance Corporation
• Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment
• Able to translate technical material and descriptions into layman’s terms.
• General knowledge of WBG mission and business requirements
To apply for this position, click here