Career Opportunity at Talent Bureau
Posted on: 14 August, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Talent Bureau
Talent Bureau specializes in recruitment and HR Development solutions across a wide range of industries and professions. We offer a specialized Recruitment Consulting service that ensures we attract the best talent on behalf of our clients.
Our clients rely on our expertise in recruiting, engaging and retaining the best talents. With access to a large database & network of active and passive experienced professionals within and outside Africa, we are committed to assisting you with achieving your people objectives whilst remaining competitive and overcoming your biggest HR challenges.
The Senior Accountant will efficiently prepare accurate and timely financial reports according to prescribed formats, ensure financial integrity by maintaining set accounting procedures and controls and undertake financial risk planning.
- Handle the full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Maintain the Ledger General and reconcile accounts monthly
- Ensure accounting and reporting deadlines are met
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting
- Compile monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analysing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Prepare annual audit file and be the coordinator for audit process
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
- Ensure subsidiary ledgers balance to General Ledger monthly
- Ensure subsidiary ledger accounts are all reconciled
- Update cash flow daily
- Prepare bank reconciliation daily
- Prepare and submit tax returns
- Review job status and prepare monthly WIP schedule for journalising to the General Ledger
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register and process depreciation and additions/disposals entries/journals
- Prepare capital expenditure proposals for management
- Prepare schedules and meet any requirements for tax return submissions
- Ensure data backups are prepared daily and stored according to company policy
- Administer international payments through the bank
- Liaise with management on funding of operations
- Assist in implementing accounting systems
- Administer the information system
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian Content and Cabotage, Legislation and Tax requirements
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up
- Negotiate Trade and Corporate finance structures to efficiently manage the cash flow position of the company
- Ensure intercompany accounts are properly maintained and reconciled monthly
- Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction and profit enhancement initiatives
- Manage payments within cash flow constraints
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and forecasts
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Provide the CFO with information required for group consolidations Financial:
- 10% CIR reduction
- Accounting/Finance degree in a reputable organization
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principle
- Knowledge of tax principles and reporting requirements
- Minimum of 10 years relevant accounting experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar financial & management accounting role particularly in Oil & Gas-Offshore /Marine Industry is preferred
- Experience in Corporate Finance will be a significant advantage
- Experienced in IFRS Financial Reporting Standards
- Experienced in Risk Management
- Experienced in Investment and financing initiatives
- Relevant experience in audit and costing is advantageous
- Proven experience in budget preparation using Excel
- Use of GL, AR, AP, CB and Payroll/Inventory/Jobbing/Projects modules in information software package
- Excellent strategic planning skills and ability to interact with all levels
- Proven effectiveness and efficiency at cost and budget management
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel
- Great communication skills (written, oral and listening) and fluency in English Language
- A proven ability to constantly challenge and improve existing processes and systems
- Proven abilities of proficiency at integrating operational and financial measures
- Excellent communication skills and having the ability to communicate professionally with management and colleagues on detailed financial issues
- Adept in designing and implementing systems to achieve financial discipline and improve overall organizational efficiency
- Proven Contract Negotiation and Management skills
- Organised, meticulous and able to meet deadlines
- Can work independently without significant supervision
- Capable of making decisions and giving directions to facilitate prompt service delivery.
- Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Takes communications 24 hours a day, including weekends, concerning changes in schedules & conditions.
Ideal Personal Traits and Values:
- Strong work ethic and honest
- Customer-centric and responsive
- Efficient and financially prudent
- Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary
- Ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems; Capable of thinking outside the box
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidatees should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Talent BureauSimilar Jobs
- 2017 KPMG Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme
- Human Resources Consultant at Fadac Resources
- Latest Vacancies at TAC Professional Services
- Associate Consultants at Management Alternatives Ltd
- Office/Event Managers at a Kiddies Event Planning Company - SD Capital Resources Limited
- Graduate Associate Consultant (Business Development Officer) at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit
- HR Consultants at Harvel & Carst Outsourcing Company