Tamrose Ventures Limited (TVL) was incorporated in 2003 (incidentally, the same year the Nigerian Cabotage Act was enacted) initially as a procurement and engineering services provider to the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry. During our course of operation, we noticed that personnel and equipment were being transported to offshore locations almost exclusively, by foreign marine logistic services providers in spite of the cabotage act.
- Ensures that all vessels are operated to the Company’s and client Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures that all vessels meet the correct HSEQ standards.
- Ensures that all vessels are operational technically and always serviceable.
- Attends to and supervises vessel dry-docking and port turnaround activities.
- Plans, controls and executes all activities connected to class survey and certificate requirements and builds and maintains effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Executes and coordinates ‘day-to-day’ Planned maintenance system (PMS) programmes and M&R activities (mainly preventive) of vessels to maintain the proper technical status of vessels and to enforce zero downtime.
- Acts as interface on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively develops Client relations.
- Through close cooperation with the Operations Manager; ensures that all reported deficiencies, non-conformity are cleared to prevent delay.
- Guides crew on board of the vessels to ensure that Companies standards are met and that work is done as per guidelines and specifications.
- Controls and monitors the progress for assigned vessels under charter and reports on the technical status of the vessels to the Operations Manager.
- Controls and monitors that assigned vessels are ready for use and certified.
- Investigates and analyses potential causes of defects, takes corrective and preventive actions, in consultation with the Operations Manager if and when required.
- Conducts diagnosis of engineering defects if any and undertakes remedial action.
- Raises warranty work requests for vessels on the shipbuilder’s systems.
- Liaises with shipbuilders’ in-country services and other equipment or maintenance suppliers to ensure prompt repairs and remedial action.
- Actively promotes QHSE awareness and monitors performance in order to ensure safety standards and safe working practices: leads ‘by example.
- Assesses the progress of assigned vessels under charter.
- Prepares and handles claims if applicable.
- Follows up on requests of Masters, Port Captains.
- Assists in maintaining, the OPS hard and soft filling system.
- Monitors HSE and ISM/ISPS of vessels, charter tonnage to ensure full compliance of vessel certifications according to statutory and Class requirements.
- Executes Operational visits to the vessels, chartered tonnage.
- Executes OPS audits for charter tonnage.
- Builds and maintains a professional and effective working relationship with Senior ship staff.
- Assists in Budget planning and operates within assigned time-lines and budgets.
- Approve purchase-orders and invoices up to the agreed limits of authority.
- Attends OPS meetings and meetings with HR, ISM, TD, and COM.
- Provides assistance as requested by other departments HR, HSE, TD, FIN, COM.
- Ensures that M&R activities are registered in the Maintenance Management System.
- Updates and maintains the Critical Parts Inventory database and repair lists of assigned vessels based on outcome of surveys and running M&R activities, in order to provide a complete work scope for the planned M&R.
- Assists on New build, Tenders/Projects, stability calculations for fleet/projects, repairs.
- Recommends improvements to operational guidelines and policies to management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Higher education with Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Internationally recognized shipping qualification.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ cognate experience in a related Technical Superintendent role.
- Previous experience as a Fleet Superintendent in a Technical Department, or in a Senior Engineering/ Naval Architecture position in the Marine Industry is preferred.
- Applicants who have previously sailed at sea as Chief Engineer or a 2nd Engineer have equal chance.
- Knowledge of IMS systems with related documents and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of related responsibilities and skills, such as HSEQ, IMS Systems, OVID inspections, SOLAS – IMO, internal audits and vessel trails.
- Client related inspections.
- Operational Intern audits of Vessel and Barges. Good knowledge of Navigation.
- Seamanship – stability/lashing securing/load discharge.
- Vessel trails including DP 1-2 trails.
- PMS – Planned maintenance system.
- Thorough understanding of the ISM Code.
- Thorough understanding of Diesel Electric propulsion systems.
- Knowledge of Shipbuilding and ship docking – drawings/work scopes.Knowledge of Class Certification.
- Knowledge of Port State Control.Proven ability to create procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven Performance and career management skills.
- Proven Budget Management skills.
- Proven Contract Management skills.
- Proven Specification Writing/Management skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of Class/Salvage and Regulatory legislation for Marine Operations;
- Capable of making decisions and giving directions to facilitate prompt service delivery.
- Frequently required to board ships, at dock or at anchor in all weather conditions and at all hours.
- Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Takes communications 24 hours a day, including weekends, concerning changes in schedules & conditions.
Ideal Personal Traits and Values:
- Strong work ethics and honest.
- Customer-centric and responsive.
- Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English Language.
- Ability to work independently without significant supervision.
- An ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems, Capable of thinking outside the box.
go to method of application »
Position Description: To Provide an efficient and responsive wide range of administrative, organisational and logistical support to the MD/CEO, helping him to manage and prioritize his time, scheduling meetings, appointments, maintaining and managing the MDs itinerary while providing full secretarial assistance to the MD.
MD’s Diary Management
- Ensures the effective management of busy diary commitments, and appointments including the production of a daily folder with diary entries, necessary papers etc.
- Manages and updates the MD’s Calendars/Diary with appropriate reminder and schedules.
- Conducts weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Ensures that the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements or meetings he is involved in.
- Takes minutes of meetings attended with the MD and prepares follow-up reports and action steps.
- Screens and processes telephone calls, enquiries and request for the MD, handling them as appropriate.
Travel Reservations Management
- Coordinates travel and accommodation arrangements for the MD.
- Makes flight and accommodation reservations for MD and other staff.
Employee and Stakeholder Liaison
- Ensures that guests who are meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
- Schedules meetings on behalf of the MD with his direct reports.
- Follows-up on tasks delegated by MD to his direct reports to ensure deadlines are met.
Clerical and Administrative Support
- Keeps and maintains an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Keeps records of appointment schedules and meeting invitations.
- Administratively maintains and updates files and computer-based information.
- Provides effective and efficient secretarial, clerical, and administrative support.
- Other tasks as required by the MD.
- First degree in Social or behavioural Sciences with at least second class lower division. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in interacting with top executive and stakeholder management.
- Proven experience in travel management, business writing, dairy and event management
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisation and calendar management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing and IT Appreciation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Information.
- Excellent Time management skills
- Ability to research and present information clearly.
- Strong analytical Skills
- People management skills
Ideal Personal Traits and Values:
- Strong ethics.
- Wants to grow with this office and in this company.
- Honest and treats colleagues and the locals with respect.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.