Jobs at ABT Associates
Posted on: 24 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at ABT Associates
Abt Associates - The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Req No: 23882
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities
- Performing routine maintenance chores around the office
- Checking and replenishing stock in supply cupboards, bathrooms and kitchen on a daily basis and informing the Administrative/Logistics Assistant of purchasing requirements
- Providing beverage service (tea, coffee, water) for guests and staff
- Serving as the initial point of contact for the PATHS2 program administrative and logistical operations in Lagos
- Acting as the Receptionist, meeting, greeting, and guiding clients and visitors to the office
- Answers and transfers telephone calls to the office
- Performing general clerical duties, such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, and filing
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems for the office
- Secondary School completion (minimum), or a Bachelors Degree (desired).
- 1 year of experience in office assistance or other relevant work.
- Ability to communicate in English, is desirable.
- Proficient in the use and application of Microsoft office and telephone protocol
- Ability and willingness to learn and advance on the job
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in the diverse socio-economic and cultural setting of Lagos
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to travel at short notice up to 25% of the time locally within and outside of Lagos State
- (1) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
go to method of application »
Job Summary / Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining approved systems of accountability by ensuring compliance with all Abt Associates Nigeria/PATHS2 operational procedures and policies.
- Supervising the Accountant, Administrative Officers, Front Desk Officer, and any other support staff as deemed necessary in the PATHS2 Lagos State field office.
- Leading the financial management of the state office (including maintenance of interest account, accounts payable, checking accounts, travel expenses, consultant and other contracts, and payments for various transactions).
- Developing monthly financial reports and statements, and maintaining all financial records, including reconciling bank accounts/ statements operated at the state level.
- Liaising between the State and PATHS2 National Country Office to ensure that adequate funds are available for the smooth running of the office and the programs activities at the state level.
- Preparing activity budgets, annual budgets, cash flow and budget monitoring records, in collaboration with relevant technical staff.
- Providing periodic on-the-job training to all administrative and finance officers, as required.
- Conducting frequent audits and checks on procurement, store, vehicle management and other internal systems, and reporting their status to the State Program Manager on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that the approved estimates or expenditure on budget items are as much as possible not exceeded, but controlled at all times.
- Coordinating all travel arrangements and other logistics needs for PATHS2 state level/HQ staff, consultants and visitors
- Assisting the SPM to ensure the recruitment and availability of the necessary human resources in the Lagos field office at all times.
- Revising on an on-going basis the personnel and human resource development policies; and ensuring that all state level staff have access to, are knowledgeable of, and follow such policies.
- Managing the routine personnel performance review process, using the regular staff appraisal format.
- Providing staff with relevant opportunities for professional development that are in line with the functions of their jobs.
- Maintaining meticulous and up-to-date personnel records of individual staff, including leaves, assessments, salaries, and contracts.
- Ensuring that all new staff are adequately inducted and oriented about Abt Associates Nigeria/PATHS2 personnel policies and procedures, emphasizing on their rights and responsibilities.
- A Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant administrative field preferred
- 6 years experience in financial, administrative, and human resources management, preferably in a health-related project funded by an international NGO, DFID or USAID.
- Good financial management and administration skills; and experienced in designing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience in contracts and grants management in line with organization's personnel policy and Nigerian labor laws.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational, administrative, and coordination capabilities.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in the diverse socio-economic and complex settings of Lagos State.
- Excellent communication skills in English and the local dialect.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time within and outside of Lagos State at short notice
- (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
go to method of application »
Project Vehicle Tasks:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within and outside of Lagos for project activities, including official site visits.
- Establish record keeping systems for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs; observe all company vehicle utilization policies, and in-country traffic laws
- Responsible for maintenance of project vehicle, keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel and other parts of the vehicle prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around Lagos, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation, general office purchasing, etc.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies (coffee cleaners, etc.) and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearance/VAT exemption.
- Work with the Administrative Assistant to arrange for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office as necessary.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence.
- In general, perform any other tasks as designated by the Finance & Administration Manager and as directed by the State Team Leader.
- Valid Nigerian Drivers License.
- At least 6 months prior experience in commercial driving.
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Lagos, Abuja, and other major cities of Nigeria.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Good command of English language skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High School (desirable), valid drivers license, plus 6 months commercial driving experience
Method of Application
Use lnks below to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ABT AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Electrical Engineer at Me Cure Healthcare Limited
- Pharmacists at Abuja Clinics
- Jobs at Box & Cedar
- Experienced Staff Nurse Midwives/Midwives at Adefemi Hospital Limited
- Nursing Vacancy at Ladkem Eye Hospital
- Job Openings at Medline Locum Agency
- Job Openings at The World Medical Center (WMC)
- Medical Officer at Isalu Hospitals Limited