If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The coalition was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014.
Civil Society Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS SUNN) is a coalition of civil societies with interest in Nutrition in Nigeria and was launched on 7th August 2014. It’s prime objective is to mobilize non-state actors to generate evidence, build capacity, advocate and stimulate communities and stakeholders to scale up nutrition interventions in Nigeria.
- The Project Director will be a member of the CS SUNN steering committee, with shared accountability and vision for Scaling up Nutrition movement in Nigeria.
- S/He will lead the transformation of Scaling up Nutrition's programming in Nigeria to a new operating model, whilst also delivering all project's strategy within the country through:
- Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy for Nutrition at all levels in all key relevant sectors
- Serving Steering committee members and the partners of SCS-SUNN including our donors /funders
- Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and managing new opportunities
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- As a member of the Steering Committee, contribute to strategic and operational development and delivery of organizational projects and programs in line with the CS SUNN mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Deliver transformational change at the country and state levels
- Country Office Oversight
- Country Program Development
- Country project /program implementation
- Country Program Representation
- Minimum of advanced degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition or equivalent with additional training in communication/advocacy.
- Minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in a senior leadership role working in development.
- Proven experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven experience in program development and good knowledge of donors (including multilateral, institutional & corporates) and context in Nigeria.
- Proven experience managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond.
- Proven experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Track record of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong skills and expertise in planning, financial and budget management as well as people management.
- Good understanding of operational, financial and support services management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Commitment to the Scaling up Nutrition movement.
go to method of application »
As a member of the Program Team, the Project Officer will work under the direction of the Project Director in the day-to-day successful implementation of the CS SUNN project.
- Should have a degree in nutrition, health, or development studies, with 1-3 years' experience working in nutrition, development or communication especially in an NGO.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects with limited supervision.
go to method of application »
The Accountant shall assume responsibility for bookkeeping and accounting functions of the project, and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of the project.
- Accurately keep all books of account for the project, including petty cash register, cheque register, fixed assets register and all other accounting records.
- Lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including the preparation of bank reconciliations and receipts. Monitor the organization’s budget in accordance with approved workplan activities.
- Act as the organization’s resource person in the interpretation of financial and accounting policies/guidelines
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers from Donor.
- Prepare written and verbal responses to inquiries and requests for budgetary information.
- Functions as support for fiscal yearend adjustments and other related financial benchmark dates.
- Assists the programmes’team in contractual modifications necessary for existing business/programs, and develops costing strategy to provide assistance in the preparation of cost proposals.
- Carry out such other duties and assignments, as may be requested by the Project Lead
Knowledge, Experience & Quaifications
- Experience in the management of funds in a donor-based, non-profit context
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Proven ability in building capacity of organizations in financial management
- Ability to represent the organization to donors, government officials and the NGO community in financial matters when necessary
- Proven ability in supervising staff when necessary
- Well developed computer skills
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 25%
- University degree in accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Possession of a professional qualification (e.g. CPA. ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent) will be a major advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Familiarity with the accounting, administrative, auditing, and reporting requirements of major donors (e.g. USAID, DFID, EU)
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
go to method of application »
The M&E Officer occupies a key position in the effective delivery of the program and responsible for collecting and analysing data on key program indicators, success stories, challenges and communicating regularly to the program stakeholders leading to effective and efficient program delivery.
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective monitoring and evaluation systems for the program using appropriate computer tools
- Develop monitoring tools relevant for the field work, and train staff on the use of the monitoring tools
- Supervise the collection of data and report on key program indicators (enrolment, attendance, pass rates, frequency and quality of feeding, availability of volunteers and other program implementation data.
- Enter and analyze data, and report to the Field managers and the Head of programs for effective decisions making
- Process and track data captured from all monitors on a weekly basis and alerting the management team on real time issues
- Work with field officers to ensure validation, accuracy and timelines of data provision from the monitoring team
- Identify capacity gaps amongst organizational and partners’ staff members and implement appropriate capacity building protocols
- Act as the main repository of program data and statistics and ensuring that the data is up to date and accessible to appropriate program staff members.
- Develop school-specific reports as may be requested by the Management, Donor, and other stakeholders.
- Provide other implementation support as may be necessary from time to time
Job Details & Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer should possess:
- A university degree (BA, BSc) in the economics, statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, community health or any other social or health sciences
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in M & E/ Project management role for a non-governmental development organisations
- Above-average knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
- Good command of English and fluency in one or more local languages
- At least two years experience working in a similar position
- Knowledge of the project theme
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and exceptional integrity
- Good organisational and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and team-functioning skills
- Possession of the following will have an added advantage
- Experience in the development and management of project electronic data base
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's and qualifying statements, explaining why they are suitable for the job to the e-mail, stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail: Civil_societynutrition@yahoo.com
Applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlist candidates will be contacted.