Electronic PayPlus Limited is a foremost electronic payment company with years of experience in the industry. We are a card-based solutions provider primarily focused on providing total payment solutions to the banking industry and other payment institutions. We offer a wide variety of plastic cards from the simplest PVC to the most sophisticated smart contact and contact-less cards.
Epayplus is recruiting to qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Interpret software design specifications and OOD models for application modules and translate them into Java source code
- Develop and unit test application modules and web pages
- Integrate application modules with other modules and external systems
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc. Or equivalents (Any numeric Science course) i.e Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics etc.
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- An understanding of business
- Analytical and commercial experience
- Database administration
- Basic Networking
- Thoroughness and accuracy; Good analytical skills,
- Good Communication, Negotiation and Interpersonal and Customer Service skills.
- An experience in an EMV environment in Application development such as Script for Personalisation and data preparation.
- Knowledge of programming skills is a prerequisite.
- Have minimum of 2years development experience with Java and JEE (including JSP and Servlets)
- Experience with a test first methodology
- Experience with XML
- Experience interfacing with relational databases using ODBC
- Familiarity with OOD patterns and UML methodology
- Experience with JEE application servers (Tomcat/JBoss etc)
- Experience applying the above technologies to the development of web-based applications
- Detail oriented individual with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Web Services, Spring and Hibernate
- Knowledge of programming skills in web-based programs, as well as traditional programs like Java and Visual Basic.
- Keeping databases up to date;
- Helping with database design and development;
- Managing database access;
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation;
- Ensuring that databases meet user requirements;
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures;
- Implementing security measures;
- Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels;
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals;
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably;
- Archiving data.
- Maintaining archived data
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need
go to method of application »
- Identify, investigate, resolve and develop processes, procedures and associated documentation relative to security of computer systems, networks and telecommunications along with addressing privacy, confidentiality and standards administration. Serves as a leader for teams investigating and addressing various information security issues.
- Expected to advise management on information security issues, perform security risk assessments, implement information security procedures, manage information security policies and handle information security incidents.
- Safeguarding data held by the organization by working with business managers, chief executive officers and information technology (IT) managers
- Observe and monitor the security of websites, applications, computers and databases.
- Document processes, procedures and policies to guide the unit and organisation as a whole
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, and more. Information protection responsibilities include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness, and more.
- Manage internal communication regarding system updates and provide estimates of budgetary requirements for technical upgrades
- Plan and ensure execution of Security arrangement as required by the management.
- Supervise and control the work of security personnel.
- Assist the management in maintaining law and order.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Work with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology
- Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with:
- Business Mangers
- All employees
- Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback, developmental plans, hiring, terminations.
Related Job Requirements/Qualification
- All round IT skills (LAN, WAN, server and operating system)
- 3 or more of the following Certification MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, OCA.
- Other technical certification such as: Prince2, PMP
- Deep Networking Skills (LAN & WAN)
- IT strategy development, Change Management and Incident/Problem Management experience.
- Strong knowledge in SLAs, System & Software Quality Assurance and Best Practices & Methodologies.
- Visionary, innovative, eyes for details and IT smart individual who must have performed a similar job function in a commercially oriented organization.
- Customer focus
- Vendor management and negotiation skills
- Good public speaking skills for leading group meetings
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Adaptable to change
- Critical information seeking
- Baseline Leadership Competencies
- Developing others and Leadership
- Leveraging and Respecting others
- Differentiation through innovation
- Instilling Confidence and Trust
- Acting with Integrity
- Minimum 7-10 years managing customer services in a multi-office commercial organisation
- More than 4 years post NYSC in similar role, in Information Technology, Microsoft applications and/or physical infrastructure
- B.Sc. Computer Science or Electronic & Electrical Engineering or other Science related course.
- M.Sc. MIS (Management Information System) is an additional advantage
- A higher degree Msc./MIT is an advantage
This position requires the ability to:
- Keep users informed of adverse situations and helping then get workarounds to long running problems is key
- Liaise with multiple users
- Deal with demanding management and customers
Method of Application
Interested candidates should use the position they are applying for as the title of their email and send to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.