Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G services, fixed line, high spee...
Read more about this company
Level: Mid-Senior level
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- Develop and manage all Fraud Monitoring controls and provide comprehensive assurance for PSB services to ensure mitigation of revenue leakages on account of fraud.
Risk Assessment and Management:
- Design alerts in the FMS tool to identify any fraudulent activity and or revenue leakage for mobile money and PSB services.
- Participate in developing and executing standardized processes and controls around mobile money wallets and PSB services apart from FMS alerts.
To prevent Revenue leakage:
- Implement RAFM compliance monitoring system around mobile money and PSB services.
- Participate in New Product design and testing to ensure effective controls and product rollout with leakage.
- Monitor alerts and closures from FMS system to ensure quality of work and avoid any revenue leakage.
- Investigate suspicious transactions and file suspicious activity report as required.
- Analyze and identify possible money laundering activities
- Review controls around custody of test Sims cards and other system that facilitate mobile money transfer
- High Balance review
- Trending of transactions to identify any abnormal spike in trend.
- Closure of statutory and internal Audit issues by implementing agreed audit recommendations.
- Reporting to the Opco leadership as well as Group as applicable
- Implementation of the directions of the Board Level Committees.
Educational Qualification & Functional Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related courses
- Professional Certification in Accounting (ACA/ACCA) or Audit and Risk Controls (CISA).
- 4 - 7 years Fraud Monitoring for Mobile Money and Banking sector, operational and Information technology experience with hands on experience in Mobile Money Wallet and Banking/Financial services.
- Significant experience and exposure to mobile money transfers, services, rates, tariff regulation, service level agreement, retail and corporate agreements and contracts preferably from Mobile Money/Banking
- Strong understanding of data analysis, auditing and reconciliation methods and procedures.
- Proven ability to take large amount of multi –faceted data and create insightful and meaningful information to be used in business decision making.
- Very good software skills, especially in MS-Excel, ACL and Word. Successful history of working with software application.
- Hands-onSQL or Oracle experience helpful.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skill
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management in a professional capacity.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly across businesses and hierarchy levels.
- Project and program management skill.
- High integrity is mandatory.
go to method of application »
Level: Mid-Senior level
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- FR executive contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing Financial Reporting, taxation and accounting processes.
- Ensure company level books closing process every month, quarter and year in terms of timelines and accuracy.
- Ensure all inputs into preparation of Financial Statements are duly posted. (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statements, Cash Flows and Notes on Accounts as per applicable IFRS and Banking Regulation by CBN).
- Ensuring completeness of month end posting and provisions.
- Compliance of all statutory requirements related to Direct and Indirect taxation of the organization are met including timely and accurate submissions returns, proper documentations, etc.
- Conducts reviews of the banking operations. Analyses trial balances including aging, movement, recoverability and impairment. Perform variance analysis and sense checks.
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements including co-ordination with Statutory, Tax and Internal Auditors, regulatory audits, for timely closure as per calendar.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintaining Financial Delegation of Authority (FDoA).
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Should be able to specify accounting and tax implication when new products are rolled out.
- Governance of tax accounting done by Shared Services team and guide them with relevant rules, steps etc.
Education & Experience
- Professional qualification in Finance / Accounting (ACA, ACCA)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Banking/Financial Services Industry.
Skills & Competencies:
- Understands accounting principles, standards (IFRS) and Banking Regulations.
- Experience of working in Accounting /FINCON function in a Bank is a mandatory requirement.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- High level of proficiency in the using the Oracle Flexcube/Accounting software, Proficient in using Microsoft Offices Software
- Verse with taxation rules and returns for reporting and compliance.
go to method of application »
Level: Mid-Senior level
- Airtel SmartCash PSB wishes to recruit a suitable candidate for the role of Head of Banking Operations.
- This position is responsible for Overseeing transaction operations, operations finance and general banking operations of the SmartCash PSB.
Responsibilities includes Managing:
- Transactions / Settlements
- Managing Bank and Channel reconciliation
- Revenue Assurance function
- Channel Reconciliation and commissions
- Treasury Operations
- Digital Channels
- Banking Operations is one of the largest divisions in SmartCash PSB and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of Payment Banking
- Provide documentation to support system design, testing and training. Assist with the management of customer expectations and customer interactions and participates in team quality management initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing department personnel including hiring, training, coaching and development, performance appraisals, counseling, etc. Managing team of operation professionals and grooming them for the career progressions.
- Handling banking operations related to determining financial objectives, preparing & implementing systems, policies & procedures for streamlining the Banking Operations.
- Managing TAT on transactions and COs control with zero errors.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the efficient and effective Bank Operations
- Stays abreast of latest technological advances and process improvements in bank operations.
- Researches, analyzes, and performs due diligence, and then makes recommendations for improvements in work processes, cost containment, etc.
- Works closely with other divisions and departments of the bank to ensure effective delivery and support of products and services.
- Assumes the overall responsibility for developing, updating, and implementing changes to the operational components of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Preparing & presenting various weekly/monthly MIS reports pertaining to process and productivity.
- Implement Controls in transaction postings
- Ensure accurate GL report
- Handling treasury operations
Assessments and Handling Clients:
- Analyze and understand the impact of any new requirements on existing businesses
- Works closely with partners / vendors in leading system implementations that affect department functions.
- Coordinates with partners/ HODs/ vendors to ensure that outside contractual services are provided as per agreements. Analyzes vendors to assure price, quality, and service
- Define and implement new business processes as a result of the change portfolio
- Assessing needs of channel/ partners/ customers /clients and accordingly charting out viable finance portfolio after considering financial, legal and technical aspects.
- Performing the functions of assessing creditworthiness of clients and taking adequate steps to ensure receipt of payments and recovery of debts.
- Handling high value fraud cases / defaulters / insolvent clients.
- Manage customer experience, complains and resolution
- Develop seamless experience for customers
- Ensure distribution agents are fully support and resolve agent related operational issues
Manage Transactional Operations/ Service Expenses within budgets:
- The role enables the candidate to engage with various groups within the Firm in Finance, Risk, Legal, Compliance and IT to ensure smooth operations of business with various Operations Risk and Control initiatives currently underway
- Identify opportunities and implement initiatives and reduce service expenses
- Identify, implement and seek gains by driving productivity and improvement in various customer service functions including partner controlled operations.
- Managing risks and implementing effective mechanisms to mitigate them.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board of Directors
- Responsible for departmental compliance, loss control, affirmative action, and audit initiatives. Stays current with appropriate compliance updates.
- Monitoring key control and performance indicator statistics on an ongoing basis and acting on key control / performance issues identified.
- Analyzing risk appetite of an individual for providing them apt investment solutions, ensuring that that solutions provided match the risk profile.
Project Management Accounting:
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- Relevant Professional Certification/Membership
- 10 - 15 years post-NYSC experience in Banking Operations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Financial acumen
- Creative / innovative approach towards customer/partners delight
- Ability to influence, control and negotiate
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and network
- Intense customer focus
- Six Sigma or Strong project management skills
- Project management experience
- Risk, testing, compliance, or audit experience
- Effective ability to influence, drive change and resolve conflicts
- Knowledge of Mobile Money various products, systems, and channels
- Strong banking operation experience
- Agency banking operations.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.