Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Human Resources Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Ensure employee information is accurately and completely managed in a timely manner:
- Ensure that all employment contracts and contract renewals are received, signed and filed in a timely manner
- Liaise with the HR Officer in Abuja to provide all information and documentation needed to ensure the timely processing of the monthly payroll
- Maintain all base personnel files, ensuring that all documents are collected and filed completely and accurately in the base and copies sent to Abuja
- Create and maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc.
- Collect and submit the necessary documents for employee insurance enrollment and updating and ensure that staff has up-to-date insurance cards.
- Provide administrative support for pension and salary account openings or changes.
- Maintain all ACF communication boards as directed by the capital HR department
- Receive and track employee leaves and ensure that all necessary supporting documentation is sent to Abuja
- Ensure that all timesheets and payslips are received completed and sent to Abuja on a monthly basis
Objective 2 - Support in various aspects of the training and development of staff:
- Ensure that all staff receive proper induction and briefing with HR and the relevant departments
- Facilitate staff training on HR policy and procedure as assigned.
- In liaison with logistics, manage the practical organization of training as requested
- Follow up with managers to ensure that staff performance appraisals are received on time
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff.
- Carrying out Training Assessment in coordination with L&D Manager
- Tracking Staff training
- Setting up HR-related training (Venue booking, facilitation and feeding coordination)
- Compile monthly training report and communicating to Capital office
Objective 3 - Supervise and manage all staff under your responsibility, and ensure the proper management of the international staff guesthouse and all visitors:
- Provide day-to-day management of staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Set objectives with staff under his/her direct management, and appraise their performance in accordance with ACF performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are followed for staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Liaise with logistics and finance to prepare and execute weekly and monthly shopping according to the needs of the office and guesthouse and internal procedures
- Provide suggestions for improvement in the office and guesthouse management
- Liaise with logistics to ensure that the guesthouse is running effectively
- Arrange the guesthouse or book hotel rooms, to accommodate all visitors as needed
Objective 4 - Provide overall support to the HR Department:
- Support in the implementation and application of the HR policy in the base and provide advice and support to employees and managers
- Supporting Resourcing Officer and covering for her whenever required with the support of the HR Manager.
- Participate in elaborating projects related to national HR functioning
- Overseeing social events within the organization
- Assist in the circulation of HR department communications
Internal & External Relationship
- Head of Base: Line management, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- HR Coordinator: advisory role, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Logistics, Administration and Finance Departments: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information
- Abuja and field-based HR team: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information
- Cook and Cleaner: Line manager
- Suppliers (newspaper advertising, etc.)
- Pension providers, bank representatives Job applicants and inquiries, HMO provide
- Master's degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management preferred; Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience also acceptable.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, a strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis, and reporting of large amounts of information
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health-related INGOs
- Fluency in one or more National / regional languages an asset
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms / practices
Minimum Basic Salary
N236,585 per month
go to method of application »
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Starting date: As soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Logistics Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Ensure the good running condition and the cost-effectiveness of ACF's Vehicle - fleet:
- Supervises the maintenance of all vehicles with full support from the Base Logistician, Lead Driver, and Mechanics.
- Makes sure that the vehicles are equipped with adequate items (bush, town), liaison according to the logbook. i.e. safety Equipment like a fire extinguisher, water, spare tire, Jake, first aid kit, etc.
- Checks the fuel consumption and report all abnormalities to the Base Logistician on each vehicle.
- Consolidates the fuel consumption and keeps a record, monitors the current stock and requests refueling purchase on time
- Check and Consolidated the vehicle log sheet (movement tracking sheet) on daily/monthly bases
- Planning of vehicle maintenance, service according to ACF/Kitlog 3.5V.
- Ensure supervision of the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment in the vehicle (Radio’s, tracking device, etc.
- Update the list of equipment in the vehicle on a monthly basis and assume a physical check each six months
- Keep physical files on each vehicle with Logbook copies, maintenance, and repair costs and fuel consumption.
Objective 2 - Coordination of Vehicular Movement:
- Collect the weekly movement requests from programs, consolidate and send for approval to Field Manager and SSco
- Plan and request weekly car hire movements, liaise with suppliers and ensure compliance of rental cars according to ACF safety and security standards
- Reports to the Base Logistician in case of a major shortage of vehicles and plan the allocation accordingly.
- Help in arranging the transportation of goods from the base to the field site and organize KISS movements
Objective 3 - HR and Monthly Reporting:
- Consolidate all the vehicle log sheet for the monthly Motor cost report and submit at each 30th day of the month.
- Track daily car hire the usage of Dutse and all sub-bases according to approved Agreement Form and submit to Log manager on a weekly basis
- Assist in planning/making the drivers’ rotational and leave schedule with the support of the lead driver.
Internal & External Relationship
- Base Logistician: hierarchical relationship – technical support – exchange of information, collaboration on planning and all base matters regarding fleet management and other logistics activities
- Logistic Manager: General support and Supervision
- Other Programme Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination,
- Local suppliers: exchange of information, coordination, influence on the choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organizations: exchange of information
- Diploma in Logistics / Business Administration and Management or equivalent qualification.
Skills and Experience:
- IT/Excel literate
- 2 years of finance / procurement work experience
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly Fluent in local language
- Previous experience working with local/international NGO
- Good interpersonal skills.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 per month.