Reports To: Chief of Party, TB-LON; Director, Strategic Information-IHVN
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health (SFH) as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be embedded in the Lagos State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (LSTBLCP).
- S/He will be expected to redesign, and strengthen the M&E and data management system within the program to align with National systems in line with global best practice.
- The individual will with relevant stakeholders develop and/or review documents that speaks to the M&E components of policies and guidelines of the state and National TB control strategic vision and mission.
- Equally important is his or her ability to implement best practices in data collection, management, and reporting at different levels to achieve optimum data quality.
Other expectations include:
- Possession of excellent knowledge and understanding of the NTBLCP M&E templates and framework.
- Ability to mentor and impact knowledge to others
- Ability to use data for programmatic interventions and drive implementation processes for public health actions/decisions.
- Previous experience working with Ministry of Health staff and good understanding of local context, especially Lagos State, will be an added advantage.
- High emotional quotient, patience with a good sense of humour.
- A University Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biostatistics, Natural sciences or related fields. An additional master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology is a requirement for this position.
- Five years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health, Nutrition and population programs.
- Ability to interact with and analyze large volume of data and develop abstracts and manuscripts for peer-review
- Experience with TB, Malaria and HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs.
- Experience with the USAID, PEPFAR or Global Funds Strategic Information system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines.
- Data management and analysis skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications especially Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, and Think-Cell.
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Deputy Director, Human Resources" via: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org