Recruitment of Manager, Economic Research and Resource Mobilization.
The Africa Projects Development Centre (APDC), Abuja (The Centre) is a fledging Africa-focused development organization with an objective to contribute to Africa’s development through youth agripreneurship and creative arts incubation and training, nurturing of business ideas, capacity building, and skills acquisition. It is also focused on building the capacity of development professionals in project cycle activities. It conducts its business through two major departments: 1) Agripreneurs Incubation and Training (AIT), and Policy & Programming Department (PPD). It also provides a state-of-the-art hospitality services, including lodging, boarding, training and events facilities.
The Manager, Economics Research and Resource Mobilisation is primarily responsible for economic policy research, partnership promotion and resources mobilization. This position is under the PPD Department and is saddled with partnership engagements, budgeting and programming, researching for opportunities for the Centre and producing high quality proposals as appropriate, including mid-year and annual reports. The office holder reports to the Director of Programmes (DOP).
- Research for partnership collaboration and services, writing quality proposals and fund raising from development partners, both multilateral and bilateral as well as Foundations and the private sector;
- Lead in identifying funding opportunities and seeking collaboration with parties involved
- Creative in connecting the ideas and mandates of The Centre with international agreements and policies for professionally researched grant proposals.
- Seeking and coordinating resourceful and strategic partnerships for the organisation.
- Following up with existing partnerships, monitoring and accounting for change in dynamics in partner organisations to strengthen relationship.
- Identify new partners and arrange to enter a Memorandum of Understanding where the context is appropriate.
- Preparation and timely submission of reports to donor partners for grant execution and renewal.
- Work with the Managing Director, Directors, and other Managers of the Centre towards achieving systematic growth of the Centre.
- Good analytical skills in developing and implementing resource mobilization strategies
- Passion for economic research, youth agribusiness, and capacity creation
- Ability to identify constraints and to creatively solve problems
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English
- Ability to work effectively in teams but with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Initiative taker, self-motivation and a commitment and results oriented
- Strong negotiations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software particularly Excel, PowerPoint presentation, etc.
- Must be aged under 35, with 2-3 years working experience. Masters degree in Economics, Development Economics, Agriculture, Sociology, Business Administration, Finance, Law, Natural Resources Management, or similar development oriented educational competencies. Minimum Second-Class Upper Division from a reputable university. Others:
- Previous experience working in development finance institutions will be an advantage
- basic knowledge in data analysis
- experience writing proposals as well as mobilising resources
- proactive, personable, results-oriented
- Knowledge of other languages such as French will be an added advantage.
- Must be willing to relocate to Gwagwalada area of Abuja where the office is situated.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited to both written and oral interviews. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.