Our client, a leading investment bank, whose focus is to create innovative products and long-term financing solutions to social developmental and economic problems with the aim of improving the well-being of the people, is looking to engage an experienced and result-driven Head, Treasury Operations to join its team.
You will be responsible for increasing the organization's profitability by efficiently managing the organization’s funds through trading /investment and corporate sales and catering to the domestic and international market within the approved regulatory framework guidelines.
You will also be responsible for effectively and prudently managing the organization's liquidity and mitigating its operational, financial and reputational risks.
- To manage and oversee the functions and activities of Treasury Department of the organisation, in an effective manner, by deploying appropriate resources.
- To lead and motivate the assigned team by displaying strong integrity and business ethics, so as to achieve the business strategy of the organisation.
- To manage, control and regulate effectively as also efficiently the organisation's funds and ensure that the liquidity position of the organization is sound and optimally cost effective as also requirements of funds are readily met for ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- To forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment, and prudently use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the organisation's borrowings.
- To drive and achieve target of trading / investment and Corporate treasury sales and achieve maximization of Profits through Fund Management and Trading.
- To closely monitor the statutory requirements of the organisation as also adhere to statutory guidelines issued from time to time.
- To put in place a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities, and function in conjunction to various guidelines/policies on Market Risk, Corporate Credit, Corporate Investment policy of the organisation.
- To maintain excellent working relationship with investment community, credit rating agencies, inter-bank counter parties.
- Act as Treasury advisor to the organisation and apprise the top management of the significant aspects impacting treasury management of the organisation.
- Maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt including overall leadership of the cash management, debt management and investment management functions of the organization and its affiliated entities.
- Ensures the maintenance of corporate liquidity and financial stability.
- Develops and manages strategies, operations, policies and budgets relating to treasury activities.
- Directs development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, working capital, treasury operations, foreign exchange interest rate risk management, and insurance risk management.
- Directs capital markets, borrowing, investing, foreign exchange, treasury operations, financial risk management and corporate finance initiatives.
- Supervises the maintenance of internal controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and the integrity of its fiscal systems.
Accounting, Financial Controls and Financial Reporting
- Directs preparation of fiscal records and financial plans, policies, and reports.
- Directs oversight of audits, works closely with the Board Audit Committee.
- Financial operations and consolidation of subsidiaries.
Strategic, Financial and Operational Planning
- Participates in the development of the corporation's plans and programs.
- Develops and communicates financial vision and strategy.
- Directs preparation of annual operating and business fiscal plans (budgets).
- Develops financial forecasts and monitors financial health, monitoring guardrails around financial commitments.
- Works with the business to optimize business performance and planning.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Evaluates capital expenditures, investment activities and portfolio management.
- Ensures timely and accurate business/financial reports and plans; presents them to partners across all business units to increase financial transparency in management reporting and business line performance.
Treasury and Tax
- Manages treasury function, including meeting short and long-term funding needs.
- Determines appropriate capital structure.
- Manages tax function
- Understands how regulatory reform will impact the business and helps ensure the business is best positioned to respond.
- Manages aspects of risk through accounting, audit, planning and treasury functions
External Financial Relations
- Manages investor relations function
- Serves as company’s representative to financial/investment community and shareholders.
- Manages banking and investment banking relationships
- Oversees and delivers recommendations to Board and Board committees regarding financials, audit matters, investments, and strategic initiatives and direction
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required
- MBA/CFA or an advanced degree in business, management, or finance required
- Minimum 15 years of experience in finance and treasury.
- Supervisory experience
- Strong treasury background.
- Knowledge of capital markets, accounting, finance and tax.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel.
- Knowledge of appropriate accounting software packages
- Leadership skills
- Managerial skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Strategic planning
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills