The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Director, Physical Planning
- The Director of Physical Planning is responsible to the Rector for the Physical development of the Polytechnic
- He/She is responsible for coordination and supervision of pal development projects, ensuring quality and standard of structures in the Polytechnic through proper advice and liaison with the relevant bodies involved in the construction of all structures of the Polytechnic.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and transparency in public and private life
- He must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the Polytechnic
- He/She must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new project in accordance with the Master plan of the Institution.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the Post shall:
- Possess a good honors Degree from a recognized University in any of Architecture, Building, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Urban and Regional Planning or Estate Management with not less than 17 years cognate experience, eight of which must be unbroken service in the Polytechnic system or similar institution of higher learning.
- Candidate must have attained the position of Deputy Director or its equivalent in a Polytechnic system or similar Institution.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body such as ARCON COREN QSRBN, CORBON, TOPREC, etc
- Candidate must also be computer literate and proficient in a relevant computer applications
Method of Application
Applicants should submit 15 hard copies of their Hand written Applications including photocopies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the Registrar using the address below, indicating:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address and Phone Numbers
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodes with dates
- Present Employer
- Position held and date
- Extra curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Applications, in the sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
- Applicants should request their Referees to forward their confidential reports directly under confidential cover to the Ag. Registrar on or before the closing date.
- Applicants will be required to produce the originals of the their certificates and other credentials at the interview.