Executive Secretary (ES) at Health Reform Foundation
Posted on: 5 February, 2016
Deadline: 18 February, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Health Reform Foundation
The Health Reform Foundation of Nigeria (HERFON) is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization established by a group of reform-minded Nigerians in response to the deplorable health system in Nigeria and the health status of Nigerians. HERFON is a national membership organization which cuts across all strata of society. The main purpose of the organization is to define reform agendas within the health sector in Nigeria, independently or in collaboration with government and other key stakeholders, using advocacy as its main approach.
HERFON has its Headquarters in Abuja with chapters in all 36 states and the FCT. The Abuja office now wishes to recruit self-motivated professionals to fill the following positions below:
Executive Secretary (ES)
- HERFON seeks a competent, dynamic and charismatic Executive Secretary who must have administrative, strategic and technical management skills so that he or she can initiate, promote, facilitate, support and monitor sustainable health sector reform initiatives in line with National health priorities.
- He or she must have the necessary communication and negotiation skills for the mobilization of resources (local and foreign); and their equitable application in attaining HERFON objectives.
- The job holder must also be capable of playing advocacy and leadership roles in all sectors of HERFON activities.
- HERFON being a membership organization, he or she must be accessible to the Foundation's membership.
- Reporting to the HERFON Board, the Executive Secretary is accountable for the overall leadership, executive management, strategic directions, partnerships, and institutional success of HERFON, and for ensuring its efficient and effective operation.
- The successful candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Health System/Sector.
- He or she must possess an advanced University Degree in Health Sciences.
- An additional postgraduate Degree or Diploma in Public Health, Development Studies, Business Administration or Management will be an advantage.
- The candidate must also have a minimum 10 - 15 years managerial experience with the emphasis on strategy and leadership as well as 7-10 years minimum experience in the health sector.
- He or she must have work experience with Development Partners and the Donor Community for at least 3 -5 years.
- Work as a Change Agent and/or at managerial level in NGOs will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference 'HERFON/RECRUITMENT/2016'.
- Applicant must provide a one-page Application letter stating their reason for applying and how they envision leading HERFON should they be given the opportunity.
- Applicant must also attach a comprehensive and up to date Curriculum Vitae (not longer than Five pages typed single-spacing).
- Providing personal details educations and training, work experience, professional affiliation, and key publications. They should also indicate timing of their availability to assume duties should they be offered the position, as well as salary expectation.
- Only in very exceptional case(s) of internet challenge would hard copy application be accepted.
- Recent Jobs from Health Reform Foundation
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Internal Auditor/Compliant Officer (IA/CO) at Health Reform Foundation
- Communication and IT Officer (CITO) at Health Reform Foundation
- Senior Finance Manager (SFM) at Health Reform Foundation
- Health Policy and Research Manager (HPRM) at Health Reform Foundation
- Business Development Manager (BDM) at Health Reform Foundation
- Programme Manager (PM) at Health Reform Foundation
- Know More About Health Reform FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Medical Lab Scientist at King Solomon Hospital
- Male Auxiliary Nurse at Hazon Holdings
- Incident Manager at RGS Incoporated
- Team Leader at RGS Incoporated
- National Consultant End line Survey for Integrated Basic Nutrition Response to the Humanitarian crisis including multisectoral pilot (INP+) at UNICEF
- State Office Admin and Resource Assistant – Anambra at British Council
- Admin and Finance Officer at Altara Credit Ltd (“Altara”)
- People Manager at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria