The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the project funded by UNHCR (Livelihoods Project). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center - Admin.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: 1 (One) Year
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Answering employee questions
- Processing incoming mail
- Maintaining calendars of HR management team
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
- Collate monthly timesheet, ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews.
- B.A in Human Resources Management or related field.
- 2 years experience, preferably with NGO as HR Assistant.
- Good communication, writing and people management skills.
- Knowledge of local language preferred.
- Good IT skills and ability to use excel and similar software preferred.
- Experience in Nigeria labor laws
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Click here for more information
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format