Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Channel and Category Development Manager
Reports to: Channel and Category Development Manager, West Africa
- The Channel & Category Development Manager (CCD Manager) drives increased brand penetration and profitable sales volumes with the customer.
- They are responsible for driving trade marketing efficiency and effectiveness while continually looking for growth opportunities.
- The CCD identifies all Brand, Market, & Customer business opportunities and risks through communication with the field sales organization. They analyse the brand strategies to ensure plans meet the market needs & maximize the return on Upfield’s trade spend.
Lead the development of the trade category plan for assigned channels:
- Develop customer & shopper insights for assigned channels. Translate these insights into business building opportunities within specific customers/channels.
- Build account/channel specific trade plans to align with total trade category plan to deliver category/brand objectives.
- Identify trade spend opportunities and allocate funds for each sector while analyzing risks.
- Match brand objectives with customer/market needs. Work with field sales team to ensure excellence in in-store activation.
Work out monthly rolling forecast for assigned channels:
- Prepare promotion sell-out volume with attention to market intelligence information.
- Prepare input for brand and build incremental sales volume.
- Co-work with marketing team in launch/ re-launch and consumer promotion activities:
- Provide input for marketing to build budget, scheme and communication plans.
- Allocate promotion volume to channel/ customers in charge
- Work out the brief for BTL agencies and sales team
- In charge of in-store POSM design, briefing POSM/Activation team for production and installation in store.
Develop and execute all trade/ schematic shopper promotions:
- Lead scheme proposal and execution
- Lead the communication to internal and external stakeholders on the scheme
- Follow up with POSM production gift sourcing and delivery to stores OTIF
- Conduct ROI and post-promotion evaluation
Skill and Experience Required
- University graduate
- At least 5 years working experience in relevant position for FMCG industry (experience in sales planning, trade marketing is an advantage)
- Strong analytical skills and business mindset; Proven business management competency
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Creative and passionate, willing to take challenges
- Proactive, confident and able to work under high pressure
- Good command in English and computer skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Upfield Nigeria career website on upfield.com to apply