Category Manager at Transmed - Nigeria
Posted on: 3 September, 2019
Deadline: 1 October, 2019
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View All Jobs at Transmed - Nigeria
Transmed is a full service distributor, managing and controlling the entire distribution value chain. Our services cover supply chain, logistics, distribution, sales and promotions with best in class execution.
- Manages the relationship with the suppliers of the assigned brands in order to maximize the support of the brands in our Market
- Develops along with the suppliers the necessary Sales Business Plans and other marketing activities in order to maximize sales and grow the business of the assigned brand(s).
- Sets, aligns and executes the joint business plan for the brands assigned in order to focus the efforts and maximize brand sales.
- Manages the initiatives’ funds allocated to each brand in an optimum manner in order to maximize brands sales and profits.
- Manages the sales forecast of each assigned brand in order to ensure optimum stock levels.
- Works with local agencies on the execution of the brand marketing activities and development / deployment of in-store & POS material in order to ensure top quality execution and achieve brand image / equity objectives.
- Analyzes brand Sales data and market share trends by channel and come up with meaningful conclusions and insights in order to develop the necessary marketing activities by channel.
Communication with the Sales Team:
- Communicates the brand marketing plans and activities to the Sales team in a timely manner in order to ensure flawless execution of these activities.
- Conducts frequent field visits and communicate observations to management in order to ensure in-store execution meets brand strategy.
- Collects and understands from Sales’ customer objectives and plans, and develops the necessary brand plans that fit the customer objectives in order to maximize Sales and secure customer’s support.
Category & Shopper Understanding:
- Outlines the dynamics of the brand’s category in order to develop the necessary activities. (Competitors, pricing, range, activities, etc.)
- Collects data concerning shopper needs, habits and trends with regards to the assigned brand in order to develop the necessary marketing activities.
- Possess about 2-4 years' category management experience preferably in the FMCG distribution
- Proven track record in managing premium brands in the FMCG sector for increase in sales and profitability for the category and brands.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Marketing/Business Administration and/or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking
- Great Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is an added advantage.
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Basic Accounting skills
- Good Presentation skills
- Age: Between 32-45 years old.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: HR.Nigeria@Transmed.com using the position of interest above, as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Transmed - Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Market Planner at Transmed - Nigeria
- Know More About Transmed - NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Sales Team Leader at InfoBip
- Marketing Executive at Ascentech Services Limited
- Telecoms Sales Specialist/Manager at PG Consulting limited
- Total Young Graduate Programme (YGP) at TOTAL
- Business Development Associate, Southern & West Africa at BBC
- Marketing Manager - Expatriate at Adexen
- Direct Sales Agent Captain at Altara Credit Ltd (“Altara”)
- Brand Retail Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited