The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Assistant Protocol Officer
- The successful candidate shall assist to ensure smooth travel arrangements for Directors, Management, staff and guests of the Corporation in terms of flight bookings, tickets, visas and airport reception/seeing off.
The main duties of the Assistant Protocol Officer shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
- Assist to handle customs clearance of imported goods/vehicles for the Corporation and/or staff as well as for the legal residences of expatriates in the host country.
- Assist in handling multiple re-entry visas and residence permits of Management and staff of the Corporation, as required by the host country.
- Assist to create, ensure and maintain fiduciary corporate relations with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Nigeria so as to facilitate the handling of consular affairs such as: registration of newly appointed staff, issuance of the Ministry’s Diplomatic and Service ID cards, processing of various CC Forms for the clearance and delivery of diplomatic franchise (goods, vehicles, diplomatic bags, etc.) from airports and/or sea ports, registration of vehicles for CMT and/or CT number plates, issuance and/or renewal of re-entry visas/residence permits, follow-up of any other issues relevant to the Corporation’s status and accreditation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other Host Government’s Establishments, Ministries and Departments.
- Assist to create, ensure and maintain corporate relations with other Diplomatic Missions for the purpose of easily securing travel visas and any other mutual cooperation that may be needed.
- Assist in the Issuance of travel documents (Diplomatic and Service Laissez Passers), ID cards and renewal of same as the need arises.
- Assist in travel arrangements for Management and staff of Africa re including flight reservations, flight reconfirmations, purchase of tickets, applications for visas, reception (on arrival), accommodation for overseas visitors to the Corporation, seeing off (on departure) of same mentioned above.
- Assist in logistic arrangements to ensure hitch-free Board and General Assembly Meetings, MCC Meetings, Pools Meetings, etc.
- Follow-up of hotel deposits, unused coupons of tickets, downgrading of seats for which tickets have been purchased, etc. with a view to collecting due refund at the appropriate time.
- Secretarial and clerical duties such as drafting reports, memos, letters, notes verbales etc.
- Typing, filing, photocopying, handling of correspondences, Travel Order Forms, Expenditure Request Forms, etc.
- Assist to ensure the order and/or renewal of subscription to various magazines as well as their distribution to appropriate departments/divisions.
- Any other duties as may be determined by the supervisor from time to time.
- Good planning & organizing skills
- Good command of English & French
- Strong networking, negotiating & persuasive skills
- Confidentiality & selflessness
- Field knowledge (geographic & social) of the host city
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Strong work ethics
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Level or Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or its equivalent plus 2 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS 2;
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children);
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing allowance;
- Transport Allowance;
- Inflation Adjustment, that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation.
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus);
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer);
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Not more than 30 years old.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.