Human Resources Specialist at One Acre Fund
Posted on: 2 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
Human Resources Specialist
Aocations: Abuja and Minna, Niger
Job Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: 1st October, 2019
- As the Human Resources Specialist, you will report to the Pilot Manager. You will establish the groundwork for the growth, sustainability, and professional development of our team as it grows. You will set up essential human resources policies, oversee staff payroll and benefits, and support the program's recruiting and onboarding.
- HR Policies, Payroll & Benefits: As a pilot for a global organization, the team in Nigeria has made due with the minimal context-specific HR policies. One of your main roles will be to integrate Nigeria's context with global processes to professional the standards and support of our team!
- Staff Development: Once you have familiarized yourself with how One Acre Fund invests in its team- from mentorship, to bi-annual reviews, to development plans, to hard & soft skills development- you will ensure managers and staff meet the minimum requirements while maximizing development opportunities.
- Onboarding: The faster new team members become comfortable with their surroundings, the sooner they can turn their attention to making an impact in the lives of our clients. You will oversee and improve on the reception and onboarding process, building new staffs' experience from accepting the role until their first biannual review
- Hiring: As a pilot, our staffing needs right now are small. But by 2021, we may need to double or even triple our team! Between now and then, you can establish great hiring processes to ensure the program can meet those targets. You will inform current hiring processes and test approaches to hire better, faster.
- Recruitment: As One Acre Fund is relatively new in Nigeria, you will build recruitment nodes, networks, and policies to support current recruitment efforts, while laying the foundations for accelerated growth in the coming years. You will manage relationships with the global recruitment team & recruiting firms to short-list top candidates, while working with pilot leadership to determine staffing strategies 2020+.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You'll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months. You will help shape the growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative, and interested in building a team with different backgrounds
- Willing to see a problem, find a solution, and make it happen; experience working in a startup or new market environment desired
- +5 years of professional work experience OR an undergraduate degree and 2+ years of professional work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment in Nigeria
- Written & verbal fluency in English required; written & verbal fluency in Hausa desired
- Thoughtful understanding of the employment and labor laws of Nigeria
- Maintain complex spreadsheets on Excel and familiarity with Google Suite/Microsoft 365
- Consistent with experience
- NHIS Health insurance, 25 days paid leave, 7 days paid sick leave, Relocation allowance, part-time housing in Minna
- Sponsor International Candidates
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About One Acre FundSimilar Jobs
- Human Resources Assistant at Enabled Solutions
- Recruitment Consultant at Fadac Resources
- Human Resources Manager at HT-Limited
- HR Generalist at Ventoven
- HR & Admin Officer at Zanibal Solutions Nigeria Ltd
- Talent Management Supervisor (HR) at Carlcare Development
- Human Resources Manager at FEZ Consultants
- HR Supervisor - Manufacturing at Carlcare Development