United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Cold Chain and Logistics Consultant (NOB Equivalent)
Job Number: 523951
Locations: Bauchi, Enugu, Lagos, Kano, Minna-Niger & Warri-Delta
Work Type: Consultancy
More specifically, the selected candidate will carry out the following functions:
- Provide rapid and relevant responses to evolving supply chain needs and situations facing children and families, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- Provides technical support to implementation of the National Logistics Working Group (NLWG) 10-year road map sub nationally including:
- Support implementation of Cold Chain Equipment Optimisation Platform (CCEOP) operational and equipment deployment plans across implementing states with catchment areas of the zones
- Support implementation of Vaccine Accountability and Management systems i.e. monitoring implementation of the 2020 state-specific vaccine forecast and execution of recommendations of the Follow the Vaccines Assessment (FtVA) across implementing states
- Support zonal and state level execution of the Effective Vaccine Management Assessment continuous improvement plan (EVMA cIP) for 2017 - 2020.
- Support the 2020 Effective Vaccine Management (EVM 2.0) onboarding (Q1_2020) and assessment (Q4_2020) as well as development of the state-specific 5-year EVMA cIP
- Revitalisation of Zonal Logistics Working Groups (ZLWG):
- Extend technical support to strengthening State Logistics Working Groups (SLWGs) and their active contribution to Logistics Management Coordination Units (LMCUs)
- Support Government Immunisation Supply Chain staff capacity-building efforts to ensure efficient and effective vaccine security and management through planning and execution of Vaccine Management Trainings using blended approaches to learning.
- Support training of UNICEF's consultants on existing, new and emerging trends in vaccine supply chain logistics and management in line with EVM standards.
- Active collaboration and partnership with external and internal stakeholders vis-A -vis:
- Develop and maintain partnership and collaborative relations within UNICEF, Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts in EPI cold chain, supply and logistics systems
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: University Degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Engineering or the Physical Sciences and an Advanced degree in a related area of study. An Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.)
- Experience: At least three years of relevant professional work experience providing technical support in logistics, supply chain management, cold chain and similar activities.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- To apply to these assignments, you will need to submit your CV or resume as well as a United Nations Personal History P11 form to the email address indicated in the vacancy announcement. The P11 form can be downloaded here [Word]. Alternatively, if you have maintained a candidate profile in e-Recruitment, you may download that profile and submit it as part of your application.
- Please indicate your ability, availability and gross daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.