DMA Agric LTD (DA) is the agribusiness company of DMA Capital LTD. DA is a value chain developer and facilitator in agricultural value chains operating from seed to plate in Nigeria with the objective to develop and facilitate profitable and sustainable agricultural value chains in Nigeria for all stakeholder across the value chains. This company invests nationwide in strategic projects, companies and operators to promote sustainable agricultural production to ensure food security in Nigeria. They have forged partnerships and alliances with key global players in the agribusiness ecosystem with the aim of securing and improving food production and supply chain that are in harmony with the environment and safe for human consumption.
As part of DA, DMA Trading and Storage a major player in the grain and oilseeds value chains in Nigeria owns a total of 250,000 metric tons storage and pre-storage processing facilities is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below;
Senior SIlo Operator
Locations: Bauchi, Ekiti, Jos, Ikenne, Minna, Ogoja , Sokoto and Oyo.
Duration: Fulltime (subject to yearly review based on performance)
The Senior Silo Operator will work with the Location Manager of the Silo to ensure operational efficiency.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Monitor activities affecting environmental quality.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing products for quality checks and strict adherence to customer specifications.
- Set up and operate silos equipment in accordance with current good storage and food handling practices and standard operating procedures.
- Operate industrial equipment efficiently.
- Calibrate or adjust scientific or technical equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as callipers, micrometres, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products; determining causes of operational problems or failures.
- Monitor the productivity or efficiency of silos operations, monitoring and adjusting production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Start up and shut down processing equipment; Operate silos equipment efficiently.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Measure and record data associated with operating equipment, measuring physical or chemical properties of materials or objects.
- Keep production logs, and prepare daily operational reports.
- Maintain inventories of materials, equipment, or products.
- Select cleaning materials, tools, project materials or equipment.
- Package outgoing grains in the appropriate packaging materials for transport in recommended standards
- Performs other duties or ad-hoc duties as directed by the Director of Operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Agricultural or Mechanical/Production Engineering with between 2-5 years of relevant working experience.
- Technically sound and flexible with proven operational handling experience is required.
- Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work technically with generators, electric-motors, conveyor-belts, dryers, car, forklift, bagging equipment, truck, and weighbridge) are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, the worldwide web, Emails and WhatsApp).
- Strong English language skills are essential and effective communication in Native Language of the specific location.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Letter of Motivation in one pdf or word document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and preferred location as the subject of the email. E.g‘‘SILO / LOCATION MANAGER_BAUCHI’’