Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Human Resource Intern
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2019/00049
Dates of Internship: 1st July 2019
Length of Internship: 6 months
Interns Supervisor & Contact Information: Senior HR Officer
Mercy Corps Responsibilities
- Ensure all job files are populated by end of assignment
- Ensure all staff files are populated by end of assignment
- Active calendar management
- Provide event management support during clinics, retreats, training sessions & events
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as and when needed
- Complete and mail out regret letters to unsuccessful candidates
- Work with talent officer Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing
- Carry out any other duties as required
- The HR Intern will be responsible for working with his/her direct line manager and other members of staff in order to complete all outstanding employee and job filing, manage the departmental calendar, provide backend HR documentation & data collation support & internal customer service & external customer support services.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learning goals
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Read all assigned literature
- Work goals
- Complete all outstanding filing
- Proofread HR documents as required.
- Actively manage the team calendar
- Provide onsite and offsite event management
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science
- Excellent Communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language and any other Nigerian languages
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000 and health insurance.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit no more than 4 pages CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.