Quantity Surveyor at Brookstone Property Limited
Posted on: 21 June, 2019
Deadline: 12 July, 2019
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at Brookstone Property Limited
Brookstone Property is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
Department: Construction and Development
Supervisor: Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- Maximize value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment Cost management process
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Supply all relevant information to the Managing partners and project manager for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assist the managing partners with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Multi tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organization
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to use Construction Costing Software
- Demonstrable experience in construction contracts.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused.
Qualification & Other Attributes
- A good academic qualification degree from a recognized university; Relevant post graduate qualifications and / or certification with NIQS ; Contract Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ post qualification active experience in the same position in a real estate development company / construction company.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft office applications; Autocad, and at least one “take off” software
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.