Environmental Engineer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
Posted on: 7 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
CGC Nigeria Limited a Chinese company with it's headquarter in Abuja is a subsidiary of CGCOC GROUP CO., LTD. in mainland China. CGC Nigeria Limited is a reputable Chinese Company at the forefront of construction of Roads and Bridges, Agriculture, Mining, Water Supply, Irrigation, Drilling, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Trade in Nigeria.
- We are looking for a sound Environmental engineer to use his/her engineering, soil science, biology and chemistry knowledge to develop technically sound solutions to environmental challenges.
- The ideal candidate will be involved providing a system to reduce negative impact on environment, conducting research and technical audits on environmental impact of projects, analysing data and performing quality control checks.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of the project, hazards or commercial operation;
- Write up and present finding, costings, health and safety plans and recommendations on the containment, clean-up process, remediation, recycling and waste disposal on the project sites;
- Design and develop site-specific health and safety protocols and contingency plans for project works;
- Support in preparing, reviewing, and updating environmental investigation and recommendation reports;
- Serve as a technical adviser on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory applicability;
- Work hand-in-hand with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers and other specialists, and experts in law and business to address environmental problems;
- Design, implement and monitor environmental improvement programs;
- Inform site workers, engineers and other interested parties of environmental issues;
- Assist in budget implementation, forecasts, and administration;
- Design systems, processes, and equipment for control, management, and remediation of water, air and soil quality;
- Provide administrative support for projects.
Education and Work Experience
- 4 years and above proven working experience as an Environmental engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or any related field
- Must have COREN.
- Must be familiar with current environmental regulations and guidance.
- Good at collecting and analysing scientific data.
- Good report writing skills.
- Must be able to meet strict project deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be technically inquisitive, with imaginative problem-solving skills.
- Hands on experience with analytical, mechanical and compliance software (e.g. Autocad)
- Good project and personnel management skills
- Good knowledge on Advance MS Office.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- You will be expected to travel to site regularly, which may require early starts or overnight stays.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Recent Jobs from CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Quantity Surveyor at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Material Management Secretary at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Know More About CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)Similar Jobs
- Facility Manager, Quality Assurance/Quality Control at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Facility Manager, Maintenance at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Facility Manager (Quantity Surveyor) at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Inspection Engineer (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Construction Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Lead Technician at Sellafield Energy
- Expeditor at Sellafield Energy
- Operations Excellence Officer at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.