HSE Assistant at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
Posted on: 6 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
CGC Nigeria Limited (China Geo-engineering Company), a Chinese company with its headquarter in Abuja is a subsidiary of CGCOC GROUP CO., LTD. in mainland China. Our company CGC Nigeria Limited is a reputable Engineering Management and construction company at the forefront of construction of roads, bridges and other civil infrastructures in Nigeria.
- CGC Nig Ltd is looking to hire a responsible HSE Assistant who will provide strategies to reduce hazards at the work place.
- The ideal candidate will focus largely on prevention and his / her goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and push for a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental standards are integrated in all related processes at the projects and company;
- Ensure that HSE processes comply with organization’s requirements, policies and procedures;
- Conduct and carry out proper and timely accident reporting and investigation as and when they occur;
- Come up with ways of reducing risks;
- Report all health, safety and environmental protection reports and materials required by the company;
- Regularly carry out health, safety and environmental inspection on the project, and file the inspection details;
- Responsible for Health, safety, environmental data collation, collection and storage work;
- Check and supervise the production of safety management of the project;
- Identify potential hazards;
- Ensure that good safety, health and environment practices are promoted throughout the organization;
- Compile accident and incident statistics, trends analysed and remedial action proposed and taken where necessary;
- Ensure that measures necessary to comply with HSE legislation and codes of practice are proposed, implemented and monitored;
- Identify Safety training needs, design and conduct training as required, and establish and maintain training records;
- Conduct required HSE induction training courses;
- Consult with department heads / project managers and give appropriate advice on policies and procedure formulation;
- Carry out on-site inspection and continuous HSE awareness;
- Stay informed on new trends in national and international health and safety laws likely to affect the company’s projects;
- Develop and review health, safety & Environment policy statements on a scheduled basis;
- Proven experience as HSE Assistant.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of safety management information systems is an added advantage.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificates and additional qualifications in safety will be an added advantage.
- Able to draft document and write letters with strong expression skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Must be between the ages of 35 - 45.
Experience and Qualification
- More than 3 years working experience working in construction of Road and Bridge.
- Bachelor Degree and Above in Civil Engineering / Health and Safety related field.
- Member of ISPON, NEBOSH, OSHA or any related professional body will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Civil Engineer (Structural) at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Health, Environment, Safety and Security Manager at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Public Relations Officer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Human Resource and Admin Officer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Material Secretary at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Assistant Equipment Supervisor at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Legal Adviser at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Know More About CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)Similar Jobs
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager at ABT Associates
- HSE Officer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- HSE Officer at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Safety Officer at Alpha Integrated Energy Services Limited
- Safety and Security Officer at Mercy Corps
- HSE Officer at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- EH Infrastructure Assistant at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- QA/QC/ HSE Officer at Dexterous Applied Training Institute (DATI)