HipCity Innovation Centre (Hipcity Hub) – A registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern region of Nigeria.
Call for a Research Consultant: Clean Business for Commercial Sex Workers (CSW)
HIPCITY Hub proposes to undertake an exploratory research survey study on alternative clean businesses/jobs for Commercial Sex Workers in Nigeria. The study seeks to proffer to young men and women in commercial sex trade, viable daily jobs and businesses that can sustainably improve their living standards. The study will also serve as a social investment anchor for other supply actors and stakeholders in the country. This study is to augment the drive for innovative business in urban slum communities within Abuja, as a case study.
Services/Tasks to be carried out by the contractor:
- Design a questionnaire for the target sample population; the questionnaire should adequately collect key skill and desired business data for the CSW
- Enlighten the field officer who will be administering the questionnaire to the girls on the most vital information needed and best ways to fill the questonnaire and approach the target sample.
- Conduct an on the ground surveys on daily business that are sustainable and empowering for young girls. The survey should include real life businesses and skill required.
- Develop at least 10 business innovative ideas or plans that best suits the CSW as a viable alternative to daily income.
- The business for the young girls should be small scale businesses initiative, less than N300,000 for start up.
- Engage with willing boys/girls in CSW on their ideas, thoughts and description of what an ideal daily business should be.
- Designed business and daily jobs plans should be easy to communitcate, scale-up and attract support from other stakeholders
- At least 20 - 30 CSW are engaged thoroughly to understand their business ideas and/or alternative to current trade
- At least 10 small businesses are scoped, visited and reported in the survey
- Submit a first draft of the collated business reports to Hipcity innovation Center by July 15, 2019
- Provide final report to HipCity Innovation Centre by 30 July 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or university in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Management, Project Management, or a related field.
- Four (4) years working experience in research, market development or business development preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to interact in a non-judemental, unrehearsed and openly manner.
- Proven ability to work within slums and informal settlements, with great interpersonal skills to mingle and interact with Commercial Sex Workers within the choosen research area.
- Proficient in survey research, questionnaire design, socioeconmic and behavioural analysis.
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at all levels within the Organization.
- Able to communicate research findings in a well articulated such that it attracts government and multi-stakeholders attention to address the issues raised.
Interested experts with rich experience are to send their CV and cover letter to email firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file
Send along your quotation to undertake the research work
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17 June 2019
Only for candidates residing in Abuja
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below