The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Product Analyst, ETPs & Indices
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: Secondary Market Department
Report to: Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Product Manager
Grade: Prod. Analyst EPTs & Indi
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Monday, May 6, 2019
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange is a leading Exchange in Africa that currently offers listing and trading in Equities, ETPs and Bonds, is searching for an ETPs Product Analyst.
- The Product Analyst will assist in all functions pertaining to the Secondary Markets Department, with the overall goal of ensuring that Exchange Traded Products get the necessary support, in terms of increased trading activity, listings, visibility and efficient pricing.
- The position is situated Nigeria, but with a global focus to cover both local and international buy and sell side participants.
- Continuously monitor and document trends in the investment management industry, Exchange business and the competitive environment
- Support new product development efforts within the ETPs space based on cutting edge research
- Research & provide reports on trends, new subject matter and industry best practice to be used in research proposals. Monitor and report on a weekly and periodic basis performance of ETPs globally and locally
- Increase the level of understanding of ETPs in the ecosystem by creating compelling content for video, print and social media production
- Support relationship building with Issuers, broker-dealers, market makers, Institutional Investors (PFAs, CPFAs, Insurance companies, managed funds, portfolio managers, etc) and other market participants locally and internationally
- Monitor the performance of liquidity providers on a weekly and periodic basis. Ensure smooth onboarding of Liquidity providers and dissemination of the ETF market microstructure guidelines
- Research & provide reports to be used for meetings, business calls, strategic planning sessions, presentations and Management briefings
- Implement investor campaigns, seminar and conference to enhance investor education
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head of Department
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for EXCO and all key stakeholders
- Serve as a proactive resource to other product markets within the division, contributing meaningfully on new initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Finance, Economics, Quantitative or Business related areas
- Pathway towards a post graduate degree or professional certification and licenses (eg CIS, CFA, CISI) will be an added advantage
- Product Planning and Management
- Strategic Planning & Analytical
- Strong Self-Management
- Financial Markets & Investment Strategies
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.