Chief Officer at Dangote
Posted on: 14 March, 2019
Deadline: 20 March, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Dangote
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Business: Oil & Gas
- The Chief Officer is the head of the deck department and is as such responsible to supervise and encourage all subordinates. The Chief Officer is the personal deputy for the Master.
- Should the Master of any reason be unfit to continue his duties, the Chief Officer is to take over responsibility for the vessel.
- The Chief Officer is the vessel’s dedicated Safety Officer and is responsible for all life-saving and fire fighting equipment as well as safety training.
- In case the Medic shall be absent the Chief Officer will act as Medic ü Responsible to the Master for implementation and verification of the SMS.
- Responsible for the promotion of SHE activities i.e. safe-working practices, training and monitoring within the departments.
- Responsible for implementing the Deck Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedule and that the ship is maintained to a standard acceptable by
- The Chief Officer is responsible for implementing and performing the Company SMS.
- An important component of his SHE activities is the promotion of the principles of Risk management and the use of the Risk Registers, Tool-Box meetings, Job-Hazard analyses, PTWs and correct PPE, and the continuous monitoring of Hazards on board the vessel.
- The Chief Officer will maintain the Medical Log and show all medicines dispensed by him, including the diagnosis of the complaint. He will on a regular basis monitor the health hazards facing the ship’s crew and also record any new hazard which may manifest itself and
- He is required to make pre-sailing reports to the Master concerning the status of equipment and the watertight integrity of the vessel and also on the personnel under his supervision.
- The Chief Officer is also the ‘Designated Safety Officer’ on board each ship and is responsible for the maintenance of safety equipment and records.
- In the event of the Master being unable to fulfill his duties because of illness or for any other reason, where his judgement is impaired and his actions are deemed prejudicial to the safety of the crew and vessel, the Chief Officer will
- take command and report his actions to the Company. It must be emphasized that this is obligatory and should the Chief Officer fail to do so and or fail to report the situation timeously,
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Dangote
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Property Portfolio and Development Manager at Dangote
- Chief Cook at Dangote
- Chief Engineer at Dangote
- Captain at Dangote
- Engineer Officer of the Watch at Dangote
- Engine Rating Oiler at Dangote
- Able Bodied Seaman at Dangote
- Marine ISM and HSE Engineer at Dangote
- Know More About DangoteSimilar Jobs
- Technical Services Manager at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Cold End Fitter at BP Business Solutions
- Electricians at One Precious Life (OPL) Academy
- Lead Project Management Specialist at Baker Hughes
- Technical Assistant at United Nations
- Concrete / Bridge Construction Polishing Engineer at Julius Berger
- Toppolier Concrete / Bridge Construction Engineer at Julius Berger
- WASH Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International