MyJobMag - Our client in the travel industry is seeking to recruit competent and qualified individuals who would be willing and capable of playing extensive, inter-dependent roles, not only in sales and business development, but in business operations, people management and strategy.
E-Commerce Travel Manager
The Ecommerce manager would be responsible for the end-to-end online and digital strategy of the company. The ideal candidate would:
- Oversee issues relating to the company’s website, mobile app, booking portal
- Take full responsibility to generate sales and business development engagements through the respective channels.
- Oversee the activities of digital marketers, web managers and software consultants to drive traffic on company website, mobile and booking portal.
- Initiate updates to website look and feel appeal to clients to attract more visits and patronage;
- Provide analytic reports of online sales;
- Implement and maximize opportunities for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PPC, CMS, Social Media, Email marketing;
- Harness digital marketing opportunities and spark interest in both internal and external stakeholders;
- Research and formulates ways to optimize user experience;
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and retention of staff as well as payroll matters and staff training for members of your team;
- Must reside in Lagos
- Possess a bachelor degree.
- Minimum of three years managerial experience in a travel and tourism company;
- Excellent networking and negotiation skill with an in-depth ability to convert leads to deals
- Proficient IT skills;
- Practical understanding and experience in the use of travel booking platforms, GDSs, APIs, travel portals and other travel products and services enabled by information technology and computing;
- Possess an in-depth understanding of web design and web analytic software;
Salary: Very Competitive
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should include in their cover letter a professional development plan. This should clearly state a plan for developing/acquiring skills and experience to support your career goal (in the traveling industry) and continued improvement on the job.