The Modibbo Adama University of Technology (formerly Federal University of Technology), Yola, hereby announces that the position of Vice Chancellor will soon be vacant. In accordance with provisions of the Universities (miscellaneous provision) Act 1993 as amended, the council invites applications from suitably qualified distinguished professors with cognate experience in university teaching, research and administration for the position below:
Location: Yola, Adamawa
The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University, ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of the Governing Council of the University. Among other functions, the Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be competent at all times to advise the council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the university.
- Be generally responsible to the council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the university and for ensuring the proper enforcement of statues, ordinances and regulations
- Be responsible for staff and students discipline in the university
- Regulate the admission of students in accordance with the guidelines and procedures approved by the Senate.
Qualifications and Qualities of the Candidate
Interested candidates should have the following attributes:
- Be a distinguished Professor with demonstrated ability to provide exemplary academic leadership and proven management capacity
- Should be in a position to ensure the enforcement of university laws and regulations
- Should have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University
- Should be of high moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity and must be able to ensure effective utilization of limited resources for maximum public good
- Should develop irrevocable commitment to the cardinal values of merit, consistency and fairness as operating principles and can apply these across board
- Should be proficient in Information and Communication Technology and be committed to the deployment of ICT for university programmes and services
- The candidate must have a core discipline or area of specialization in one of the departments in the university
- Should be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic stature of the university
- Should be able to relate effectively with government, non-governmental organizations, Alumni, local community and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria
- Candidates must be of excellent physical and mental health.
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only.
Conditions of Service
- The salaries and conditions of services are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in Nigerian Federal Universities as determined by the Federal Government from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters (30 copies), which should be accompanied by 30 copies of the candidate’s detailed CV, signed and dated by the candidate. The CV must contain among others:
- The candidate’s names in full
- Marital status
- Current address including e-mail and telephone numbers
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Number of Ph.D candidates supervised and graduated
- Research output, academic and non-academic recognition
- Professional achievements, scholarly publications in renowned national and international journals with dates, books and monographs
All applications are to be forwarded, under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand corner "Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola", to reach the:
Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Modibbo Adama University of Technology,
Yola - Adamawa State.
- Each application should be accompanied by a certificate of birth or statutory declaration of age and certificate of medical fitness based on documented, comprehensive medical examination from a governmental hospital.
- A statement (30 copies) of the candidate’s vision (of not more than 1000 words) for the Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola in the 21st century.
- Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested to forward their reference reports directly to the "Registrar" under confidential cover. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capacity and moral uprightness
- All shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for interaction with the Joint Council/Senate Selection Board.