Our aim is to ensure sustained growth by providing a range of unique services to our diverse clients. Our area of expertise is Human Capital Development. Our assurance is to satisfy our clients wholly and devise solutions to their people needs. Established in 1982 as Olgreen Personnel and Secretarial Services, the company name changed to OPASS Limited, a limited liability in 1987. Accredited by the Centre for Management Development, OPASS Limited has been involved in Training, Recruitment and Manpower Development since 1982.
The Company has organised numerous courses (both In-House and Public) for over 120 companies in Nigeria drawn from all the sectors of the economy. We have also handled executive selection assignments for numerous positions on behalf of many clients.
Head of Technology
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Responsible for the technology strategic planning process that will regularly evaluate emerging, new and existing technologies, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes covering but not limited to the following area:
- Management Information systems, system and network architecture, Network communication, strategic system conversions and integrations in support of business goals.
- Develop and enforce operating policies and procedures to ensure the protection of the company’s IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the company and all its business units.
- Oversee the linkage between external technology systems (e.g. OEMs, 3rd parties and other organizations) and the company’s IT resources; including systems for electronic data exchange.
- Recommend changes to software applications based on analysis of their impact to all users requirement.
- Gather and analyze the changing requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements.
- Co-ordinate and manage reporting needs and data analysis for the company and its business units and ensure the gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information required by management to make decisions occur in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Approve, coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for the company.
- Review all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Develop, when possible, master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Maintain and manage relationship with OEMs and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreement to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost-benefit analysis and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Maintain problem logs, documenting system errors or defects.
- Be responsible for training (as Trainer), coaching mentoring and human capacity development of staff and external training delegates.
Key Performance Area
- Business Delivery
- Enterprise Turnover Target
- Individual Turnover Target
- Gross Margin Target
- Number of Active Customer
- Financial Efficiency
- Net Margin Target
- Commercial Departmental OPEX
- People Capability
- Departmental Management to deliver Business Target.
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
Minimum of a Master’s Degree
Membership of recognized Information Technology professional Associations; CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, ITIL, Microsoft Certifications.
- Previous Information Technology experience in a multi-site Client-Server environment
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience
Key Competences Area
- Design, implementation and operation of Local and Wide Area Network
- Familiarity with systems such as Windows, Unix and Linux
- Knowledge of various Microsoft office Suites such as MS word, MS Excel, etc.
- Network Operations and management
- Exposure to environments in which shared and outsources IT solutions/platforms co-exist.
- Help Desk management/Technical Support (including system troubleshooting)
- Website Development and Management
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- Proactive self-starter
- Result oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Assertiveness and tenacity
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnership and teams
- Highly organized with a significant ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Leading people
- Building Coalitions
- Leading change
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org