The Governing Council, Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
- Candidate for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership initiatives and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of matters relating to the day-today management and operations of the College.
- A successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Councils are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council’s decision and directives under sound financial discipline and management
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council end its committees are serviced, etc; and
- A person to foster good rapport with relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other government agencies/professional bodies that would ultimately lead to the attainment of the College’s objectives.
- Possess a Doctorate degree from a recognized University in the area of Sciences or Vocational/Technical Education;
- Be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of Professional teaching qualification; a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE); and registration with Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is mandatory;
- Not be above fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of assumption of duty;
- Possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in the College of Education system and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in a College of Education as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources;
- Possess evidence of academic and administrative leadership,
- Be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate experience;
- Be proficient in ICT packages; and
- Have evidence of community service.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but may be eligible for reappointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance,
- Salary/Remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and may be determined by Government policies from time to time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should be submitted in twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full Names, Surname underlined;
- Contact information including Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address;
- Marital Status and Number of children, indicating the age of each;
- Date and Place of Birth, Local government Area and State of Origin;
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates;
- Awards and Distinctions with Dates;
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies;
- Work Experience and status in Chronological Sequence;
- Present Employer-Status and Salary;
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Publications in Standard APA format and
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be applicant’s present employer.
Application with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed to the Chairman of the Governing Council and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka,
P.O. Box 269, Yaba,
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.