Health Field Officer 2 (Midwife) at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Yola Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Health Field Officer 2 (Midwife)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Evaluates reproductive health needs, prepares medical support and assists the health activities with close monitoring in the field
- Contributes, in close collaboration with the SPHCDA, to support a primary health care package of preventive and curative activities in the AoR with regular presence in the field.
- Trains the staff on all components of Reproductive Health offered in Primary Health Care set up, through on-the-job and formal trainings.
- Contributes to improving drug and material management, including inventory, consumption monitoring, supply requests and delivery to the clinics.
- Contributes to internal reporting as required (data collection from the facilities, monthly reporting, quarterly technical health report, bi-weekly operational reports…)
- Maintains regular contacts with the State, LGA, and community interlocutors
- Stays alert about the security situation in the surrounding;
- Does oral and written translations, in particular translating in meetings with ICRC community interlocutors if needed.
- Registered Nurse/Midwife registered with the Nursing Council of Nigeria;
- Experience in Public Health programs and in the Reproductive Health sector is mandatory;
- At least 2 years’ working experience in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry and analysis.
- Able to translate local languages such as Kalabari, Ikwerre, Ijaw, efik to English and vice versa
- Good knowledge of Rivers, Cross River and surrounding states
- Prepared to spend 80% of time conducting field visits to program locations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate the job title and Location as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Accountant 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Cashier I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Logistics Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- MHPSS Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Communications Field Officer II at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- SSA Vaccines Medical Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Senior Malaria Specialist at Malaria Consortium
- Nutrition Officer at Save The Children
- Senior Medical Officer II (KDUMESS 03) at KolaDaisi University
- Medical Officer at Dr. Abimbola Awoliyi Memorial Hospital
- Healthcare Assistant at Health Plus Limited
- MHPSS (Mental Health and Psychosocial Support) Officer at Save The Children