Head of Procurement at Starzs Investment Company Limited (SICL)
Posted on: 24 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Starzs Investment Company Limited
Starzs Investments Company Limited (SICL) is a wholly indigenous Marine Logistics Company incorporated in 1984 in Nigeria as a Private Limited Company under the Companies Act. The Company was registered to participate principally in the Marine sector of the Oil & Gas industry in Nigeria.
Head of Procurement
- To ensure that all required products/items are procured at the best rate and right quality.
- Ensure that an effective standard inventory system and tracking of all items or product on both Technical and other items are in place.
- This position provides supports to the procurement and warehousing team in developing, maintaining, reviewing and executing Starzs’s procurement processes and policies.
- Checks supplier's recommendations and proposals to ensure that they are consistent with the company’s regulations before engagement.
- Ensure that request is being treated accurately base on quotation received from vendor for material or equipment from both Head office and vessel.
- Implements selection of supplier/vendors and evaluation procedure.
- Maintains and regularly update adequate records of vendors/suppliers list
- Design and implement vendors/suppliers registration process
- Negotiates new supply agreements and re- negotiates existing agreements to ensure cost saving and value add to the Company.
- Maintain adequate price list of all purchases and supplies.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes to ensure compliance is achieved across the organisation.
- Possess adequate knowledge of inventory management.
- Have good knowledge of market/supply engagement and know the strengths and weaknesses of suppliers/vendor.
- Conducts checks to ensure suppliers render services in accordance with regulations and agreement.
- Ensure adequate review and implementation of the ordering, receiving, and approval processes.
- All the necessary invoices related to any supply of items must be sent to accounts department after getting approval for payment.
- Adequate management of the P2P process.
- Always interfaces with each Unit /Departmental Head in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities to support the business operations.
- Periodically report supplier/vendor nonconformity to Management promptly in order to review business relationships.
- Periodic Inventory count both in the office and at all warehouse locations
- Periodic inventory count on all vessels when at port.
- Possess ability to innovate, initiate and restructure processes.
- Bachelor Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or any other numeric courses.
- 3 -5 Years hands on experience in procurement / warehousing role
- A professional certification in purchasing and supply will be an added advantage.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Must be a people person
- Excellent written and communication skill
- Data analysis skill
- Good understanding of supply chain management procedures
- Ability to use supply management software, ERP and Microsoft office tools
- Inventory management knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Starzs Investment Company Limited (SICL) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About Starzs Investment Company Limited (SICL)Similar Jobs
- Female Store Officer at Fadac Resources
- Spare Part Officer at Fadac Resources
- Stock Keeper at Robeck Locks Ltd
- Procurement Manager at Adexen
- Stock Controller at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- Storekeeper at The Place
- Inventory Control Analyst I at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Operations Excellence Manager (Logistics) at Jumia Nigeria