Accounting Officer at Petrok Oil and Gas
Posted on: 22 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Petrok Oil and Gas
Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited is a project support company registered in Nigeria and dedicated to reducing clients’ risks by providing Manpower Supply and Development, Equipment/Material Supply Services, Marine Vessel Supply and Offshore Operations, Heavy Duty Equipment Supply & Maintenance and Technical Consultancy Services. Petrok Oil and Gas Service Limited provides services to clients in the Oil & Gas industry, Energy, Engineering and other industries.
At POGS, we ensure that our clients focus on their comparative advantage, save money and time by outsourcing needs to a highly efficient and skilled team. We understand the essence of redefining standards in the industry hence; we have entered into strategic alliances with renowned names in the industry to continuously boost the level of support we provide to our client and their operations.
- This is a support role and the ideal candidate will be expected to perform the underlisted:
- Execute the daily financial administration of a number of contracts and provision of accurate information on actuals, budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare journal entries, cash receipts in accordance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Coordinating period close activities and timely account reconciliation.
- Processing and preparation of periodic financial reports and analyses for the organisation.
- Assist management in ensuring adequate levels of liquidity and working capital is maintained.
- Initiate routine management accounting and reporting activities
- Perform period-close activities: reviewing of journal entries, accruals, reconciliations and allocations
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Maintain cash inflow/outflow reconciliation and reporting, including bank reconciliation
- Relationship management with key financial and regulatory representatives
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepare and submit tax-filings in compliance with local legislation.
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Participate in finance projects and contribute to the development and optimization of financial processes.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial records by collecting and analysing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or finance related discipline.
- A certified member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/ACCA.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting and financial reporting rules, regulations and requirements
- 3-5 years relevant experience preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Good understanding of oil and gas industry.
- Strong analytical skills and Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Send updated CV’s using ‘’Accounting Officer’’ as the mail subject.
Applicants are advised to adhere to instruction as erring applicants will be disqualified.
- Know More About Petrok Oil and GasSimilar Jobs
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Finance & Grants Officer at Plan International
- Senior Executive, Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst at Nielsen Company
- Account Officer at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Lead Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates