Standard IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Risk & Compliance teams at Standard Bank provides the essential foundations for our constantly evolving range of financial products and services. Risk is often the business unit that acts as the vital link in the powerful relationships we enjoy with our clients worldwide, and this division is now seeking an exceptional Auditor to help us build on our success. Because you will work with colleagues across the business, you need to be an independent thinker, with exceptional analytical and communication skills, as you will organise and negotiate measurable solutions to fulfill challenging targets, and support our corporate business objectives
Standard IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: 12695
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Purpose of Job:
To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
- Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
- Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
- Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
- Providing a central “no-frills” (information/ query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
- Performing a liaison role between customers and back - office service fulfillment and credit functions.
- Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for banking facilities.
- Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage.
- Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank. Wrong and unprofitable customer behavior should not be encouraged.
- Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. personal balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts.
- Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
- Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
- Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
- Minimum of a 2.2 B.Sc degree from an acredited University
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship/transactional banking.
- Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager is ideal. Previous experience within the personal/ consumer banking environment as a Customer Consultant/ Personal Banker and/or Enquiries Officer is preferable. This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, how to open bank accounts, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice.
- Experience in Credit origination
- Previous experience running a small business.
- Leadership and assertive skills
- Conceptual, Innovative and Analytical
- Customer-service oriented
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Organized and Result-oriented
- Socially Confident: Enjoys meeting people, puts people at ease, is good with words and knows what to say (even when communicating disagreeable information).
- Persuasive: Enjoys selling and negotiating, changes the opinions of others, is convincing with arguments.
- Critical: Good at probing the facts, challenges assumptions, sees disadvantages.
- Innovative: Generates ideas, shows ingenuity and design solutions within product parameters.
- Systematic: Likes to get every detail right, methodical and organized, precise, accurate, neat and tidy with paperwork.
- Conscientious: Completes jobs, plans and sticks to deadlines and perseveres with routines.
- Resilient: Maintains enthusiasm despite set backs, is rarely upset by criticism, and is emotionally restrained.
- Displays empathy and helpfulness towards others.
- Integrity and honesty is regarded as crucial and not negotiable.
- Results orientated: Strongly motivated to compete and achieve impressive results, strives to improve, has a “can do” attitude and enjoys challenges.
go to method of application »
Job ID: 12696
- Responsible for assessing controls around IT infrastructures, including network devices, applications and databases as well as all IT project development.
- During the process, completes work timely and in accordance with Control Methodology and other applicable standards, and defined plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Perform IT security reviews involving people, processes, and technologies. Auditing operating systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, databases, web servers, messaging servers, network components and industry specific technologies in line with best practices.
- Assess network architecture so that he or she can identify configuration and topology issues through analysis of the design and configuration of the network.
- Evaluate security risk of all kinds of applications; stand-alone, network based and web based . This will cover high-level design audit, black-box testing, source code reviews, development and delivery audit as well as operating environment audit.
- Perform process risk analyses, prepare process maps and flowcharts, and prepare effective and efficient compliance and substantive test plans; prepare and perform testing of controls.
- Perform assessment of IT application controls, IT general controls environment and automated controls embedded within IT environment.
- Evaluate test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, identify alternative controls and develop recommendations.
- Prepare work papers, draft grammatically correct interim letters and other reporting documents; assist in preparation of the draft exception report.
- Evaluate the completeness of the responsible management’s corrective action plans.
- Perform related work as assigned by lead Manager(s) and/or Manager. .
Key performance measures
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of processes and system reviews.
- Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators’ reports.
- Early identification of vulnerabilities within the IT systems that are susceptible to fraud.
- Zero tolerance for fraud due to internal breach or weaknesses in the systems or technologies supporting business..
- Timely escalation of potential threat to IT systems and data.
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented.
- BSc.degree in IT related course.
- Applicable IT certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in banking applications and e-business platforms.
- Report writing/Investigation skill
- Interpretation of COBIT,ITIL,SOX , CISA,CISM,CISSP
- Ability to use Finacle, ACL or Data Analytical tools.
- Good understanding of banking products & processes, policies and procedures.
- Strong oral & written English ability.
go to method of application »
• Accountable for developing and implementing an integrated customer marketing plan, which addresses wealth creation, wealth preservation, wealth enhancement and lifestyle enhancement ; this is achieved through an in-depth analysis of the clients balance sheet so as to identify opportunities and match these opportunities to products/ solutions provided by the group.
• Monitor the delivery of different groups (Wealth, Lending, and Transactional) as well as other specialist product and service providers against customer plan.
• Grow portfolio profitability through the utilisation of available multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels.
• Manage customer migration between segments, sub–segments and the Private Banking business.
• Proactively and timeously indentifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
• Understands clients risk profile and maximises the ‘risk vs. reward’ balance for individual clients by optimising product mix.
• Comply with rules, regulations, and legislation governing the financial services industry.
Key performance measures
• Achievement of relationship manager sales budget
• Growth / Volume – Customer acquisition and retention
• Client profitability and Risk Management
• Cross-sell existing bank and group financial product and services to obtain greater share of wallet.
• Execution of customer plan
• Product specialist assigned to Private Banking business
• Branch Operations
• Group relationships within PBB (Personal and Business Banking), CIB (Corporate and Investment Banking), wealth and offshore.
• Real estate agents, travel agents.etc.
Method of Application
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.
Interested candidates should click here to apply on line.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.