Latest Jobs at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 11 October, 2017
Deadline: 13 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below.
- Checks accounting documents are complete in compliance with ICRC’s financial rules
- Processes data record in the accounting software according to ICRC chart of accounts and procedures
- Makes sure on daily basis that no book has any pending balance
- Prepares accounting vouchers with respective supporting documents and to present them for validation to
- Finance & Administration Manager
- Produces accounting statistics on regular basis or when requested to do so
- Ensures respect of financial procedures and guidelines
- Performs other Finance task as may be assigned by his Manager
- University degree in accounting or any relevant field
- 3 years work experience in a similar field
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Very good computer literacy, especially Excel
- Very good knowledge in double-accounting
- Personal Attributes:
- Rigor, methodical and good analytical skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and meticulously
go to method of application »
- Answers incoming telephones and ensures connection with proper departments or takes messages and relays
- Handles the reception of visitors by welcoming and orienting them to the appropriate ICRC employee
- Performs some administrative work by permanently updating lists and tables and monitors telephone bills
- Regularly briefs security guards with Security-in charge and train them on handling visitors at the gate.
- Maintains incoming & outgoing correspondence registration book
- Sorts out private & professional mails. Professional mails to be handed over to individuals & professional mails
- to be scanned / distribution to concerned departments / individuals & hard copy to Chancellery for filing
- Contributes to better the working environment of the office and delegation as a whole
- Performs general secretarial duties as requested
- Higher National Diploma, University degree or other equivalent qualifications.
- Good knowledge of receptionist’s work. 1-2 years of professional experience in similar work.
- Good written and oral English.
- Very good knowledge of standard computer and other office equipment
- Capacity to deal with public
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Rigor and good organization in daily work.
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Flexibility and availability.
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 13.10.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Finance Assistant at Médecins du Monde
- Protection Team Leader at Oxfam Nigeria
- Consultant - Translation and Recording of CDGP Key Health Education Messages at Save the Children Nigeria
- Job Openings at FHI 360
- World Health Organization (WHO) Latest Recruitment
- Latest Vacancies at LEAP Africa
- Job Opportunities at Secours Islamique France
- Internal Auditor at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)