Jobs at WTS Energy
Posted on: 20 June, 2013
Deadline: 20 July, 2013
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
Our client is a leading independent Nigerian oil and gas exploration, development and production company.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and commissioning of the pipeline and related facilities.
- Represent the Company to assure all construction-related activities performed by the contractor are performed in accordance with design, budget and schedule and is completed to HSE and quality standards.
- Review all Method Statements dealing with his area of responsibility prior to mobilization of the contractor.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, design professionals and other relevant stakeholders to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems/challenges.
- Review engineering design drawings and discuss findings of concern with the Project Manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Discuss and resolve daily site problems with field engineers and supervisors. Monitor construction progress on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provides input to the regular reports of the Project Manager.
- Align with/assist relevant stakeholders on project documentation and progress reporting to ensure quality and timely reporting.
- Participate in or (subject to the Project Manager delegation) leads in discussion of contractual matters related to contractors employed on the project.
- Check and okays all claims for payment from contractors to assure accuracy and that proper contractual obligations are met.
- Make forward plans in all sections of the project for the release of equipment and personnel employed.
- Other responsibilities/activities as may be directed by the project manager
- The successful candidate should have at least 15 years experience in a reputable Oil & Gas organization (preferably within an E&P environment)
- A First Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in a position of leadership and responsibility in Oil & Gas construction and commissioning project with particular reference to pipeline construction.
- The role requires a candidate with strong technical, negotiating and conflict management skills in addition to contract and project management proficiency.
- Good documentation and project management skills will be required.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and have good interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions Pipeline Contruction Manager
18 Months renewable contract
go to method of application »
- Identify the safety engineering activities applicable to individual SMRs or brown field projects to ensure compliance with Level 1 and Level 2 Safety Reviews.
- Conduct hazard identification studies using scenario-based risk analysis methods (HAZOP, HAZID, etc.)
- Carry out risk assessments based on semi-quantitative analyses (i.e. through use of risk matrices) and coordinate detailed quantified risk analyses (QRAs).
- Identify and recommend ALARP mitigation measures using bow-tie or other analysis techniques, and propose acceptable technical solutions.
- Carry out reviews of existing or proposed process, utilities, ESD and F&G systems to assess residual risks and ensure compliance with Company General Specifications.
- Carry out and prepare basic safety engineering calculations and documents, e.g. firewater demand calculations, nozzle coverage area calculations, PFP coverage drawings, etc.
- Prepare and issue reports including main conclusions of safety studies and reviews conducted, explanations of the main findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Follow-up day-to-day progress of engineering activities (basic and detailed) to ensure recommendations from safety reviews are implemented into the design.
- Review and approve engineering documentation for safety discipline, ensuring compliance with Company General Specifications, international codes and standards, and industry best practice.
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines (in particular process and process control/instrumentation) to avoid discrepancies and documentation recycling.
- Coordinate, review, and approve safety engineering activities carried out by third parties or subcontractors on behalf of Company.
- Ensure that engineering documentation, requisitions for procurement and suppliers bids evaluation be fully compliant with Design Dossier major documentation (safety concept, PIDs, ESD logic, diagrams…etc) and with Company General Specifications.
- Attend as necessary project and technical follow up meeting with suppliers for main packages/equipment for checking of relevant sizing / calculations notes of safety equipment / facilities.
- Ensure full and efficient coordination with Field Operations during engineering design, construction and commissioning with target of efficient start up / hand over to Operation
- Minimum Qualification: •Professional experience of 15 years minimum in Petroleum industry. Previous safety engineering experience of 10 years minimum
- Experience: Verifiable experience in the use of MS Office packages
Method of Application
For Pipeline Contruction Manager, click here
For Senior Safety Manager,click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Senior Reservoir Engineer at Eroton Exploration and Production Company Limited
- OLT Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor at Hobark International
- Human Resource Job at Petrok Oil and Gas
- Human Resource Assistant at a Maritime Institution - George Davidson & Associates (GDA)
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting
- Drilling Job at Mosra Enerji Limited