Jobs at WTS Energy
Posted on: 20 June, 2013
Deadline: 20 July, 2013
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
Our client is a leading independent Nigerian oil and gas exploration, development and production company.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and commissioning of the pipeline and related facilities.
- Represent the Company to assure all construction-related activities performed by the contractor are performed in accordance with design, budget and schedule and is completed to HSE and quality standards.
- Review all Method Statements dealing with his area of responsibility prior to mobilization of the contractor.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, design professionals and other relevant stakeholders to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems/challenges.
- Review engineering design drawings and discuss findings of concern with the Project Manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Discuss and resolve daily site problems with field engineers and supervisors. Monitor construction progress on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provides input to the regular reports of the Project Manager.
- Align with/assist relevant stakeholders on project documentation and progress reporting to ensure quality and timely reporting.
- Participate in or (subject to the Project Manager delegation) leads in discussion of contractual matters related to contractors employed on the project.
- Check and okays all claims for payment from contractors to assure accuracy and that proper contractual obligations are met.
- Make forward plans in all sections of the project for the release of equipment and personnel employed.
- Other responsibilities/activities as may be directed by the project manager
- The successful candidate should have at least 15 years experience in a reputable Oil & Gas organization (preferably within an E&P environment)
- A First Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in a position of leadership and responsibility in Oil & Gas construction and commissioning project with particular reference to pipeline construction.
- The role requires a candidate with strong technical, negotiating and conflict management skills in addition to contract and project management proficiency.
- Good documentation and project management skills will be required.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and have good interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions Pipeline Contruction Manager
18 Months renewable contract
go to method of application »
- Identify the safety engineering activities applicable to individual SMRs or brown field projects to ensure compliance with Level 1 and Level 2 Safety Reviews.
- Conduct hazard identification studies using scenario-based risk analysis methods (HAZOP, HAZID, etc.)
- Carry out risk assessments based on semi-quantitative analyses (i.e. through use of risk matrices) and coordinate detailed quantified risk analyses (QRAs).
- Identify and recommend ALARP mitigation measures using bow-tie or other analysis techniques, and propose acceptable technical solutions.
- Carry out reviews of existing or proposed process, utilities, ESD and F&G systems to assess residual risks and ensure compliance with Company General Specifications.
- Carry out and prepare basic safety engineering calculations and documents, e.g. firewater demand calculations, nozzle coverage area calculations, PFP coverage drawings, etc.
- Prepare and issue reports including main conclusions of safety studies and reviews conducted, explanations of the main findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Follow-up day-to-day progress of engineering activities (basic and detailed) to ensure recommendations from safety reviews are implemented into the design.
- Review and approve engineering documentation for safety discipline, ensuring compliance with Company General Specifications, international codes and standards, and industry best practice.
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines (in particular process and process control/instrumentation) to avoid discrepancies and documentation recycling.
- Coordinate, review, and approve safety engineering activities carried out by third parties or subcontractors on behalf of Company.
- Ensure that engineering documentation, requisitions for procurement and suppliers bids evaluation be fully compliant with Design Dossier major documentation (safety concept, PIDs, ESD logic, diagrams…etc) and with Company General Specifications.
- Attend as necessary project and technical follow up meeting with suppliers for main packages/equipment for checking of relevant sizing / calculations notes of safety equipment / facilities.
- Ensure full and efficient coordination with Field Operations during engineering design, construction and commissioning with target of efficient start up / hand over to Operation
- Minimum Qualification: •Professional experience of 15 years minimum in Petroleum industry. Previous safety engineering experience of 10 years minimum
- Experience: Verifiable experience in the use of MS Office packages
Method of Application
For Pipeline Contruction Manager, click here
For Senior Safety Manager,click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Nurses (Offshore) at Aldelia Group Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at an Oil and Gas Company - Alvy Consulting
- Account Leader at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Senior Financial Controller at Weatherford Nigeria
- Senior Production Technologist at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Urgent Personal Assistant Vacancy at Petrok Oil and Gas