Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.
Industry: IT Services
Local Gov Area: Victoria Island
Our client is a leading Systems Integrator & Connectivity Provider serving a diverse client base in various sectors in Nigeria and West Africa since 1997.
They deliver the most reliable, robust, high performance IT solutions and services IT infrastructure to industries, corporate, residential, off-shore and rural areas clients.
Our client is an Internet Service Provider (ISP), Application Service Provider (ASP), and Web related applications and services focusing on the Design, implementation, supply and maintenance of bandwidth and managed Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions, for mission critical environments.
They specialize in providing satellite, fixed and wireless, Customized Networks, Web design and Hosting, Network infrastructure and software solutions, and Internet services
They commenced its operations as a Dial-Up Internet Service Provider providing services for dial-up clients. ISN then moved to the wireless radio sector and provided wireless links via ISM frequencies.
Early 2000, They launched its VSAT and made substantial investments in the 4 satellite space segments, technology, bandwidth, manpower and infrastructure.
They has pioneered the KU band and C band Satellite Internet services providing Internet and Intranet services to various users in Nigeria.
The company has an extensive active-customer-base spread over 92 cities in Nigeria. Their technical team comprises of trained and experienced Engineers and are headquartered in Lagos with branches in Port-Harcourt, Ibadan, Abuja, and Accra (Ghana).
Today they possess the highest levels of technical and quality accreditation and follow proven service and process methodologies to make sure even the most complex of solutions are delivered on time, on budget and with minimal disruption.
The company’s mission is to maintain a clear product and service focus, based on an excellent understanding of the needs of the Corporate Sector and Internet market. They aim to meet the burgeoning needs for a 100 percent reliable, digital telecommunications infrastructure, through the provision of turnkey Internet access and WAN solutions including client-controlled bandwidth on demand and a host of value added services, for mission critical environments. Thus, they form mutually beneficial partnerships with our clients and alliance partners, by primarily focusing on end-user satisfaction and sustained business benefit.
- Reports to the Head of Sales
- Resume daily to office from 9am – 5pm
- Work overtime if required to fit Client time
- Manage your sales portfolio
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be working against a minimum fixed sales target of =N=3,000,000.00 (Three Million Naira) per month, which will include a comprehensive sales plan that covers various sectors of the market.
- You will be expected to familiarize yourself, through formal and informal training, of all aspects of the company’s product and services and ensure every effort is made at achieving your sales target.
- You will handle ISN Marketing portfolio, to initiate, design and manage ISN marketing strategies
- You will ensure all the proper company processes are followed which includes proper documentation, invoicing and payment collection for each sale.
- You will coordinate your efforts with the Technical Teams to ensure that your sales are serviced and a Job Completion Form is obtained.
- You are required to submit a weekly sales report, which will include all visits and communication with potential clients.
- You are expected to generate presentations, offers, and proposals on the company products and services during your work
- You are to report directly to the Head of Sale Department and take directives from the same on sales matters.
- You are expected to have a good working relationship with your colleagues as there must be no issues between you and any staff within the company
Location: Mushin, Lagos
Main Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the hands-on and day-to-day management of all Company Financial and Administrative functions and the incumbent would ideally have the ability to be able to under-study the GM with regards to overall operational leadership of the business. Responsibility for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services with an understanding of, and pro-active involvement in; warehousing, operations and sales day to day activities.
The job represents a balanced financial management effort with a willingness to become involved in all day-to-day operational activities as a secondary, but important; level of involvement within the business.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible to fully familiarise yourself with all company policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings, conferences, trainings and seminars if and when needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of data collation and capture in order to be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and receivable and managing office and warehousing according to statutory, legislative and Shareholder requirements.
- Main Activities – Administering & Monitoring Financial System;
- Ensure data is captured daily into the system
- Ensure cheques and payments on all accounts/payments due are timeously prepared and submitted to GM for authorization prior to payment being actioned
- Ensure daily transactions are properly recorded, as per SOPs’; and entered into the accounting system
- Assist with the preparation of the financial budget and once implemented, assist with the monitoring of actual versus budget performance and report monthly on variances
- Review and suggest alterations, wehre required to financial policies and procedures – in conjunction with Company Auditors and GM
- Establish and maintain cash controls and monitor cash reserves and investments on an on-going basis
- Establish Supplier accounts where necessary, process Supplier invoices for payments and maintain the purchase order system
- Prepare and reconcile the following;
- Bank Statements – daily
- Weekly Shareholder/Internal Management Reports as stipulated and required timeously
- General Ledger
- Monthly Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Financial Statements to meet reporting deadlines
- Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports and Statements, also reporting on any variances with relevant notes;and assist with any and all audits
- Maintain, monitor and update when required the computerized accounting systems – QuickBooks.
- Maintain financial files and records – continuously updated.
- Main Activities – Accounts Payable & Receivable;
- Safe-guard Company Funds
- Authorise and capture data relevant to Purchase Orders
- Reconcile Accounts Payable weekly, prepare Journal summaries, meet payment deadlines and submit to GM for approval
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable weekly, ensure source documents are maintained and managed accordingly and immediate follow-up with regards to securing payment is done weekly
- Ensure that stipulated Company Trading Terms are adhered to without exception, implement control measures where necessary and liaise directly with defaulters to secure payment within expected time-lines
- Reconcile and report on all Petty Cash expenditure, takings/deposits, Debtors Age Analysis and Invoice versus Payments control measures weekly
- Ensure Monthly tax Management systems are in place for timeous payment as per statutory and/or legislative requirements and that deadlines are met
- Manage Motor Vehicle expenditure and licensing, roadworthiness etc matters
2.Main Activities – Employees;
- Document and maintain all Employee files and data confidentially
- Administer all Employee monthly payments due and finalise payment once authorised by GM
- Administer, and ensure timeous payment of; all Employee benefit entitlements
- Report on all benefit entitlement payments monthly
- Maintain and verify annual leave records
- Calculate and action any deductions required with regards to Employees
- Submit all Employee statutory and/or legislative remittances for approval timeously and action payment thereafter and within required time-lines
3.Main Activities – Office Management;
- Manage and ensure all direct-line reports are effectively functional within their job portfolios, regularly assess performance and implement corrective action where necessary
- Order and maintain record of all office supplies required
- Maintain, manage and update Asset Register as and when required
- Maintain and monitor insurance coverage (all assets) requirements and timeous applications for statutory and/or legislative permits/licences as may be required
- Ensure Office/Warehouse environment is maintained according to Health & Safety requirements
1.Main Activities – General;
- Direct line of initial contact for all Banking, Tax Office, Tax Consultant, Auditor and Company Secretary relationships
- Overall management responsibility for Inventory
- Manage and oversee the Receiving function applicable to receiving of all and any goods, agree and sign-off documentation accordingly
- Report and process relevant documentation with regards to any short or excess stocks received
- Oversee Warehouse Supervisor with regards to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual stock staking and variance management
- Co-signatory to Stock Reports and responsible for rectifying variances once reconciled and authorised by GM
- Assist with stock-takes as and when required
- Manage Company Drivers, Vehicle Maintenance and associated matters
- Manage Warehouse Supervisor and Customer Services Staff and their functionality
- Provide accounting policy orientation to new Staff and regularly assess knowledge and ability of existing Staff in this regard – monitor actions and rectify where necessary
- Monitor work-flow and work-load situation within the Office/Warehouse environment on a regular basis and propose changes for consideration to GM as and when required.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong work ethic, good time-management
- Energetic and passionate about their chosen career
- Enthusiastic individual willing to take on extra responsibility and immerse themselves in the job
- Time-line and outcomes driven
- Team player
- Ability to contribute to setting and managing budgets
- Highly effective in building and maintaining external and internal relationships
- Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills
- clear, concise, and persuasive in style.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment
- not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Analytical skills
- ability to convert data and basic information into insights and actionable plans.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges - financial
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Flexibility to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think in terms of business outcomes / results
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple, and often conflicting initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- High accuracy levels and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills for engaging at a senior level.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
Founded in 1867, our client today constitutes much more than a simple French group of companies. It is a very large network to which more than 200,000 customers have recourse to reduce their risks. 8,000 professionals of risk control, including 6,000 engineers and technicians, are every day, proud to undertake this trust mission from 22 countries, 130 agencies, 8 laboratories and 127 training centres.
Regional subsidiary presents today a global offer of technical and intellectual services, the most complete on the market, to satisfy the needs of their customers in all sectors of the economy.
With more than 3 years of presence in the market and the expertise of its engineers and consultants, our client conducted hundreds of missions to the satisfaction of its different stakeholders and continues to prove its efficiency through both a positive return from its clients and social base paralleled to a constant progression of its turnover and number of employees.
Our client succeeded to adapt to its environment while constantly delivering its quality products in conformity with the Group ethics and level of service.
- The candidate need to have experience in reviewing Contractor documents such as HSEMS Manual, Project HSE Plan, HSE Procedures, HSE Performance, Emergency Procedures, Training Plan, Risk Assessment, etc.
- Implementing HSE pro-active measures in the project site activities in accordance to international standards and internal procedures.
- Need to assess and advise on construction and installation methods and ensure HSE risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Conduct construction related HSE trainings for contractor staff to identify site hazards during their job activities at site.
- Develop, maintain and control performance record in setting and monitoring KPIs for HSE work in the organisation.
- Carrying out accident investigation reports with proper RCA methodology throughout the organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 3 years minimum construction engineering experience
- Advanced MS office skills
- Advanced technical reporting skills
- QHSEMS ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 auditor training certificate
- Excellent knowledge of PCDA cycle and CAPA process
Universal Careers has been mandated by its client to recruit a General Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Project Sales Cement Division (CD) Middle East / Africa
In the following:
“the Area” means Nigeria,
“the Region” means all countries in West African
This job description will not exhaustively describe in full details all elements of the job, any activities not mentioned but which forms a normal and natural part of a job of this character shall be considered included.
The overall responsibilities includes following:
- In general, represent the Company in the Area and in the Region in the best interest of the Organisation
- To the best possible extend assist and cooperate with colleagues in the interest of the Organisation
- Actively monitor and follow the market in the Area and/or the Region.
- Report at an early stage of any projects or activities in the Area and/or the Region that is of interest to the Organisation
- Monitor and track market and existing industry stakeholders
- Monitor and track new potential investors and projects in the Area and/or the Region
- Maintain and expand industry stakeholder network (existing plants / new Investors / governmental decision makers / etc)
- Promote the Organisation and its products to potential customers in the Area and/or the Region.
- Gather and submit relevant published information regarding the market, the customers, competition, products, etc. to management in home country.
- Prepare and submit monthly reporting comprising: (i) any issues relevant to the Organisation, including information and updating on performance, management change, capacity expansion programmes etc. (ii) last month activities and (iii) next month activities
- In coordination with CD-DK - management define client and project strategies
- Take lead and initiate coordination among the Organisation’s business units for activities and market initiatives in the region.
- Making use of the obtained knowledge of local conditions and influence on press or local authorities etc. in the interest of the Organisation;
- After the receipt of orders and during the entire implementation period of these, to serve in the best interest of the Organisation and assisting in any way required
- Contributing towards establishing and maintaining the best relations between the Organisation, the appointed sub suppliers and clients.
- Consulting with legal and financial advisors on commercial and legal aspects relevant for the Organisation’s business
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.