Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL)/Office Assistant under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining good data management system (collection, collation, flow and storage) for the IE study.
- Assist in the facilitation of Organizational Capacity Assessments (OCA) and Organizational Performance Index (OPI) exercises
- Provides relevant program, administrative and logistics support for meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, and special projects.
- Maintains program files (both electronic and hard copies) in manner that allows for ease of access and use.
- Assist in ensuring that project activities proceeds in a timely and successful manner.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill information gaps.
- Provide support to the Office Cleaner/Gardner in coordinating the cleaners to ensure the office environment is clean at all times.
- Facilitate meetings/workshop logistical preparation and ensure readiness of workshop equipment and materials.
- Other duties as may be required.
- BA in Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Community or Public Health with at least 2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge on Microsoft Office package and statistical packages (SPSS, EPIINFO) and other database systems.
- Experience working with Civil Society Organizations and government
- Proficiency in report writing and data visualization
- Experience in facilitating Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA), Focus Group Discussion (FGD) and Social Network Analysis studies.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa language
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker, confident in dealing with people.
go to method of application »
- The IT Assistant will support the IT Officer in providing service to staff and systems management under SAQIP project to accomplish the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the email system and ensuring the appropriate level of anti-virus protection.
- Assist with effective and efficient design, installation, maintenance and support of computer and Phone exchange communication networks under the SAQIP project.
- Assist with smooth operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance.
- Conduct basic computer application training.
- Maintain the records of receipts and issuance of IT related issues in and out of the store to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Organize and follow up on the procurement process to fast track the purchase of program commodities.
- Maintain functionality of office LAN, Internet access rights and printer sharing.
- Perform general Database maintenance activities, to ensure regular backups and integrity of data recovery.
- Prepare monthly reports of status and inventory of all IT equipment for the project.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology or its equivalent.
- At least 1 year relevant experience in areas of Information Technology management with an International NGO.
- Relevant certifications and membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment
go to method of application »
- The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Results & Learning Officer who is ultimately responsible for ensuring timely, efficient, and effective monitoring of the project.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing program results.
- Participate in program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output level data
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of CSO and LGA partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation
- Work closely with CSO and LGA partners to establish their internal MER systems, M&E plans, and data quality management
- Support the implementation of program’s MER systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports
- Collaborate with project staff to identify and draft Success Stories, including documentation through photos and video
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information
- Collaborate with other program staff to ensure every staff knows and understands their role in M&E
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA/B.Sc in Social Science, Demography, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology, or other related field and at least 3years of M&E experience ; Or a Master Degree in Public Health with at least one year of M&E experience.
- Demonstrable analytical mindset with good knowledge of Excel.
- Experience participating in field surveys – utilizing quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence based decision making.
- Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.