We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
- Day-to-day management and oversight of the talent acquisition (TA) operation across the designated jurisdiction, to deliver outstanding customer experience and drive business performance. Responsible for:
- Executing senior-level hiring, international moves and end of assignment plans
- Managing the team to achieve:
- Hiring targets and KPIs (time, cost, quality, governance)
- Budget and people objectives
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures, limits and other controls
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Customer experience and relationship management
- Provide strategic, consultative advice to senior business stakeholders coaching them to take a future focused perspective to their talent acquisition needs
- Translate business objectives and stakeholder needs into talent acquisition plans and approaches:
- Fulfil the business' hiring requirements (including graduate and management associate hiring targets), achieving time, cost, quality and governance KPIs
- Increase the profile of TA. Foster strong, credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including senior managers in the business, HR, candidates, suppliers, regulators) to achieve desired outcomes:
- Senior point of escalation for designated jurisdiction. Exercise sound commercial judgement, responding to and resolving (the root cause of) issues appropriately and promptly
- Act as the TA risk control owner under the Group's Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for TA risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Deliver disciplined adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures, limits and other control requirements. Accountable for delivery of the end-to-end talent acquisition and deployment process across the designated jurisdiction, including (but not limited to):
- Monitor and manage third party supplier performance against SLAs, driving performance and resolving issues
- Approve exceptions and authorise contracts and international assignment documentation, in line with authority matrices
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness and integrity of data held within talent acquisition systems for designated jurisdiction
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Carry out Country Head, TA responsibilities for the cluster, and directly manage (Senior) Talent Acquisition Specialists in smaller countries where there is no Country Head, Talent Acquisition (where applicable)
- Build and manage a high performing team / region, managing employee engagement, development, succession and retention day-to-day
- Drive and embed a strong performance and risk management culture through inspiring, motivating, and rigorous management discipline
- Set clear direction for the team and implement a robust tracking, reporting and escalation framework that includes clear metrics, KPI reporting and analysis, and formal reviews.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate, preferably with a Masters Degree in HR or Business related field
- Proven leader with demonstrated strengths and experience in coaching, managing and engaging a team to achieve superior performance
- Has held a senior management position in delivering recruitment solutions in a large, international, blue-chip business, with demonstrated success in:
- Placing senior-level candidates
- Leading end to end Talent Acquisition processes
- Building attraction strategies to deliver new hires cost effectively and within budget
- Preferred supplier management
- Leading change, with strong project management experience
- Experience in working across a complex matrix organisation - strong consultative and negotiation skills combined with the proven ability to manage internal stakeholders.
go to method of application »
Sales and Relationship Management
- Primarily responsible for providing direct sales support on post origination activities like documentation, reactivation and unflagging of account etc by engaging with client, Ops, legal, compliance.
- Active engagement with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits
- Answer client enquiries and address complaints either by directly following up on issues or referring them to the appropriate parties. Own the problems/issues and ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Compliance, Risk and Credit Monitoring
- Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to Credit Monitoring and RM.
- Ensure all signoff on SIF and liaise with Hub to ensure all pre liquidation/availment of limits are done within good TAT
- Work with the Relationship Manager on ensuring all documentations for approved BCA are in place for Limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
- Work in partnership with stake holders CBMS/ Trade/ CRM to ensure LC documentation are adequate for bidding and ensure funds are adequate in customers account
- Ensure all necessary approvals are sought to ensure prompt release of trade offerings/excesses for faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Work with the CDD team to ensure e-CDDs are created and renewed on time.
- Help with all ad hoc reporting (e.g. sales pipelines)/projects/ events required both onshore and offshore.
- Assist RMs in preparation of preferential pricing/waiver forms/BCA.
- Ensure account segmentation/arm codes are maintained on all the banking systems to enable accurate reporting.
- Ensure day to day running of accounts, monitoring facility accounts to ensure they are flagged.
- Cheque confirmations ensure clearing cheques are processed, and follow up on all customer instructions/requests.
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank's efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
go to method of application »
Monitor - Assurance - Administer. The person ensures that the country contracts are updated to reflect variations, minor and major change. This person monitors contract performance against all service lines to ensure the supply partner is satisfying their obligations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for contract maintenance
- Manage contractual implication of change
- Financial monitoring (i.e. Invoice review and validation)
- Collate performance data (i.e. KPIs)
- Manage KPI & SLA compliance in coordination with the supply partner
- Risk monitoring (i.e. Financial due diligence, risk assessments)
- Conduct comprehensive periodic sampling and review against deliverables
- Analyse and validate SP monthly/quarterly/annual services delivery report
- Own supplier monitoring tools
- Drive implementation of periodic reviews
- Participate in material sub-contract reviews
- Own process to identify poor performance or compliance gaps and track action plans to close gaps *Manage Client on boarding obligations
- Interpret bank policies, standards etc for SP where required.
- Coordinate and request support from hub technical resources as required Operational Risk As a process owner for CM and or with supervisory responsibilities you are designated as first line of defense under our Group Operational risk framework and as such you are responsible for managing risks within your area of responsibility. Specifically you have prescribed responsibilities to;
- Ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported *Ensure applicable external laws and regulations and internal policies, procedures, limits and other risk control requirements are implemented and complied with
- Propose control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and to consistent standards
- Align business (or functional) strategy with risk appetite and seek to optimise the risk-return profile of the business
- Set the right tone for the risk management culture of the team in internal communications and performance objectives Candidate is also required to establish and implement an effective program of control reviews that verify that the process(s) you are responsible for are operating as designed and control are working effectively
Qualifications and Skills
- Support Property Pillars and strategy. Support Bank's strategic intent.
- Profitability of Bank by optimising the Bank's property related costs. The Group and Business objectives on procedures and standards in addition to providing cost effective solutions.
- Bank's Compliance with regulators. Long-term stability of the Bank's operations by minimising and mitigating the Bank's exposure to property, procurement and SPM related risks
- The recognition of Property as a professional, disciplined and valued function within the bank
- Clear understanding of appropriate country service standards and partnership performance.
- Commercial awareness. Understands commercial implications of service decisions.
- Ability to support partner through this role rather than oversee.
- Actively search out local opportunities and articulate benefits case and risks
- Promote open, constructive and collaborative relations
- Essential Skills Future Focus:
Experience in managing supply partners to delivery optimised performance at a country level.
Influencing Right Outcomes:
Ability to work with the supply partner for the best outcome while making sure the supply partner remains compliant with policies and the contract. Ability to articulate and influence the supply partner towards expected performance. People Management:
While this role's immediate team is likely to be small, excellent people skills, communication, team building, partnering techniques and mentoring skills are required. Managing Change Needs clarity and ability to interpret and implement contractual change.
Role Modelling This role must exemplify the values of the bank and the partnership, influence behaviours and change. The assurance activity could if handled badly become a clip board exercise in checking the supply partner.
This individual will have the maturity to act on behalf of SCB while working with the supply partner to deliver the contracts requirements. Making it Happen This role is about on the ground engagement with the Supply Partner at a country level and must understand all the service levels and be able to work with the supply partner to introduce solutions.
Must have drive, energy, patience and an ability to get the best solution out of supply partners. Business Acumen This role requires commercial and contractual savvy and a clear understanding of how Supply Partners deliver effect best.
The advantages and pitfalls of output based, multi-service contracts and partnerships at a country level will be second nature to this individual. Be commercially astute enough to identify and implement country contract variations with GS. Supply Partner Management Experience in managing multi service real estate contracts at a country level.
Experience of procurement methods and contractual terms and conditions relating to relevant services. Strong knowledge and experience of performance management of partnerships.
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
- Experience - Real Estate, Relationship Management or GS position 3+ years
- Associate of an Institute of Purchasing and Supply, FM, Real Estate or similar related field.
- Minimum of a second class degree in Procurement, Real Estate or similar.
Method of Application
Visit application link, choose your location and Search.
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.