Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Position Band: D-1
Reports To: Technical Director - Household Economic Strengthening
- Under the supervision of the HES Technical Director, carry out the 4 Children HES/Food Security activities at the zonal level, working closely with IPs to ensure adherence to accepted technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines and regulations.
- Support the implementation and analysis. of an HES technical capacity assessment and improvement plan development; coordinate with the Sustainability/Capacity Strengthening Technical Specialist to ensure plans are integrated and harmonized with other capacity strengthening initiatives.
- Provide capacity building and mentorship to OVC IPs with a focus on implementation and management of community-based savings groups, OVC-optimized financial education, market assessment and opportunity identification, value addition along identified value-chains based, entrepreneurship, and micro-enterprise management based on assessed IP capacity:
- Lead and/or co-facilitate trainings of trainers/trainings in prioritized areas of HES and food security in collaboration with the HES Technical Director, Agriculture Technical Specialist, CRS Master Trainers, and IP counterparts.
- Conduct joint supportive supervision with IP counterparts to CSOs to ensure adherence to guidelines and maintain program quality standards.
- Collaborate with Case Management/Linkages Technical Specialist to ensure to ensure household care plans incorporate economic and food security considerations, motivate and promote household graduation.
- Support IPs to develop linkages with relevant government, civil society/project and private sector actors in within their operational areas.
- Collaborate with Advocacy Technical Specialist on issues pertaining to HES and food security e.g., domestication of social protection policies and programs.
- For household not yet ready to graduate, support IPs and CSOs to transition households to other programs, especially emerging government social protection initiatives.
- Identify promising practices in HES and food security to document and share across OVC IPs. Collaborate with other sector leads, consortium partners and government ministries to ensure effective HES and food security programming and harmonization.
- Ensure a culture of accountability and learning ‘through regular monitoring to project Sites, providing oversight of studies and assessments and proper documentation of tools and to contribute to learning and building the evidence around effective household economic strengthening and food security programming.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media Stories, promising practices, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Support the Senior Zonal State Coordinator and HES Technical Director by provide timely inputs to 4Children Nigeria annual planning, monitoring, reporting and budgeting processes.
- Master's degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business Administration, International Relations or a closely related field.
- Three to five years’ professional field experience in urban and rural economic strengthening/livelihoods.
- Experience in savings led microfinance and financial education programming.
- Experience in market assessment and opportunity identification, using a value-chain approach for resourced constrained populations.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans with diverse teams.
- Experience working in partnership with both international and local NGO partners.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support partners both government and faith-based organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal, cross -cultural and training/facilitation/mentoring skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with using household vulnerability assessment tools and SAVEX a plus.
go to method of application »
Position Band: E-1
Reports To: Technical Director - Household Economic Strengthening
Technical Leadership and Assistance:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the assessment, planning and implementation of capacity strengthening activities for PEPFAR OVC IPs related to agriculture, food security, and agricultural livelihoods; in collaboration with PEPFAR OVC IPs, HES Technical Director and Organizational Capacity Strengthening Technical Advisor ensure alignment with PEPFAR guidance and appropriateness for targeted households.
- Ensure that agriculture/agricultural livelihoods related activities are appropriately planned and costed in all State and IF sustainability plans.
- Lead the design and development of capacity strengthening of strategies, approaches and tools to support PEPFAR OVC IPs and their partner CSO/CBOs in the area of agricultural livelihoods.
- Support PEPFAR OVC IPs to identify and/or design growth opportunities and capitalize on market opportunities in the areas of livelihood security.
- Provide mentorship and technical assistance to relevant PEPFAR OVC IP and CSO/CBO staff in the areas of agricultural livelihoods and value chain development including market opportunity identification, value-addition, strengthening of producer groups for collective marketing (agriculture/livestock/fisheries), and supporting linkages to the private sector including input suppliers, traders, wholesalers and retailers to PEPFAROVC IF and CSO/CBO staff.
- Provide technical assistance to PEPFAR OVC IFs to enhance household food security by increasing yields and reducing post-harvest losses. This may include the promotion of improved agricultural techniques, access to improved varieties, crop diversification and introduction of appropriate technology to reduce post-harvest losses.
- Support PEPFAR OVC IFs in the training of producer groups and organization of seed and tool fairs; as well as the recruitment and training of community animal health workers, as needed.
- Develop Scopes of Work for short-term technical assistance/consultants in the area of agriculture, food security and agricultural livelihoods; support PEPFAR OVC IPs in the same.
- Development and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including ministries at the
- National, State and LGA levels, research institutions/universities, veterinary services, input suppliers, business development service providers, local entrepreneurs, traders, wholesalers and retailers key government; support PEPFAR OVC IFs to forge relationships with these stakeholders as needed to improve agriculture, food security and agricultural livelihoods programming provided by CSO/CBOs for targeted households.
- Participate in cluster technical working groups and meetings to ensure technical assistance provided to PEPFAR OVC IPs is up-to-date and aligns with industry standards. Represent4Children Nigeria to donors and relevant government ministries.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to IPs on the use and adoption of the latest tools and methodologies in all aspects of project management related to agriculture and livelihoods, including monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) systems.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Provide inputs to 4 Children Nigeria annual planning, monitoring, reporting and budgeting processes.
Required qualifications and Skills
- Master's degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Crop/Animal Science or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5÷ years of experience in management of agriculture production and/or value-chain activities in developing countries, particularly in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing agriculture projects in rural and pen-urban settings.
- Demonstrated experience in training design, delivery and mentoring in subject matter relevant to this position.
- Experience the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainable agriculture, food security, agricultural value-chain development (linking producers to markets) programming.
- Previous experience carrying out and using the results of technical capacity assessments in the areas of agricultural production, value-chain development, food security and related fields.
- Knowledge and experience in pastoralist systems, livestock and fisheries management, a plus.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
go to method of application »
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Position Band: D-2
Reports to: Emergency Coordinator - Yobe Emergency Project
- The MEAL Manager will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, monitoring progress on project indicators, conducting market and price assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanisms as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
- The MEAL will also work closely with the CRS Country Program MEAL Coordinator for technical support.
The MEAL Manager’s specific responsibilities will include the following:
- With technical assistance from the country program MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, conduct a SMILE workshop at the project start
- Track the project performances against project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and the vouchers
- Conduct a house hold level base line study at the project start
- Regularly lead in conducting post distribution surveys
- Regularly lead in conducting post distribution market surveys
- Ensure the project final evaluation is carried out in a timely manner
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions during the registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the monitoring of the project activities, the post distribution household and vendor surveys, and final evaluation
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedback and manage complaints
- Ensure a timely submission of monthly post distribution monitoring, market monitoring, feedback and complaint management, and evaluation reports in collaboration with CBO field staff and CGPPPO.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master's degree or Engineering Degree in Information and Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ full-time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO
- Professional proficiency in both English and Hausa
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL
- Demonstrated experience in database management and usage of ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA and/or EXCEL or other quantitative statistical management programs for data analysis
- Experience designing tools for, collecting and analyzing qualitative data
- High degree of competency and comfort with ICT4E or ICT4D devices, form creation and data management software, and data visualization. Specific skills using I-Forms Builder and Zoho a plus.
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria 50% of the time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form using the link below and send with a detailed 3-page Resume in a single file MS Word document to: NG-HR@global.crs.org
Click Here To Download The Application Form