If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is soliciting for individuals to fill the following vacancies in a 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN 2) Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa-Ibom and River States.
Locations: The successful candidates will base in Abuja central office
Qualification and Experience required:
- Must have a B.Sc/HND in Accounting or a related course with a minimum of a second class upper or upper credit
- Must have an advance degree in accounting/finance or any other related field
- An ICAN or ANAN professional qualification is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with a USAID or USG accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology
- The ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs such as e.g. Quick Book, peach tree or SAGE
Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Work with Finance and Admin Director (FAD) to overseeing project finance duties
- Assist FAD to Grant management of sub-awards/grants
- Assist FAD to manage accounting, financial records and other financial matters
- Assist in preparation of sound budgets and monitor project expenses in line with the cooperative agreements, USAID regulations and WEWE financial policies
- Ensure financial systems is in compliance with USAID regulations, WEWE financial policies and the LOPIN cooperative agreement.
- Assist FAD to management sub-grants to Implementing agents
- Writing and submitting timely financial reports to USAID and particularly completing the financial section of the quarterly reports, filling USAID Accruals forms and Standard Forms
- Assist in Coordinating annual USAID audits and support WEWE statutory audits
- Setting up and maintaining the QuickBooks accounting software
- Supervision of the finance officers
- Experience working on an international donor project such as USAID/PEPFAR/EU strongly desired
go to method of application »
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Akwa Ibom/ River State
Qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc in Accounting or a related field with a second class upper or upper credit
- ICAN or ANAN qualification is an added advantage
- A minimum of three (3) years and above experience in Accounting
The Finance Officer will:
- Provide input to financial reports
- Review of local expenses reports for the compliance of USAID and WEWE’s travel regulations before signing off for reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly coded
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations, bank statements, exchange rates and maintain a good system of record.
- Coordinate with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statement, exchange rates etc.
- Maintain double entry accounting systems to track all income and expenses against approved budget
- Prepare budget analyses when approved
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with project bank, ensure that the banking activities are processed in a timely manner, and ensure that the bank is providing all necessary services to the project at competitive price.
- Assist with checking that staff have approved documentation on petty cash request, Travel, office procurement request
- Make Photocopies and scanning of monthly financial report document
- Prepare project weekly Wire projection (Fund request)
- Collate and review timesheet in preparation of pay-roll
- Prepares salary schedule (Pay roll) and pay slips
- Compute staff taxes and process staff tax clearance
- Follow up with tax authority to collect receipts and documentations of tax remitted
go to method of application »
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Owerri.
Qualification and Skills:
- Postgraduate degree in Public Health, International development, Epidemiology, statistics, Demography, Biological Sciences, Operations research or related discipline
- Minimum of one year post PhD or five years post MPH
- Strong Quantitative, Qualitative Research and analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience with HMIS, SPSS, Epistat, Epi-Info, STATA
- Candidates with demonstrable skills, but lower years of postgraduate experience will be considered
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to do research
- Strong facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must
Research Officer will:
- Review documents and literature in relation to ongoing research/project topics
- Work with WEWE Director of Monitoring and Evaluation to develop research themes within WEWE’s program areas
- Develop research tools according to research methodology
- Carryout baseline, operations, action and implementation research
- Document research processes and report to the DME
- Enter and analyze data using agreed statistical software
- Write final reports and papers for peer review journal publications
- Support the supervision of data collection and data quality checks on data collection process
Method of Application
Candidates are advised to indicate the location they are applying for on the subject mail, send their comprehensive CV’s and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to email@example.com
This position will be on rolling basis and applicants who submit their CV’s early will be shortlisted and reviewed first. Once WEWE has found a suitable candidate at any time within the recruitment process, the job opportunity will be closed. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three professional referees.