Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the role is to initiate and support new business development resulting in business growth of Palladium in Nigeria and to assist the BD Team and Practice Areas in building partnerships with development partners, the government of Nigeria and, as required, the private sector.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- To identify, pursue and coordinate new business opportunities with development partners, government organisations and the private sector;
- To develop and implement a strategy for stakeholder engagement related to new business opportunities;
- To develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in client organisations, national government agencies, relevant sub-national government agencies, universities and think tanks, NGOs, civil societies, partner organisations and service providers;
- To provide contextual advice on bids and proposals including drafting sections of bids and provide inputs related to partnerships, staffing and assist in strategically enhancing proposed solutions; through engagement and active participation in public fora and publication of research and thought pieces;
- To contribute to or lead on strategic projects as assigned by the BD Manager.
The role will report directly to the Development Director or BD Manager with the following reporting requirements:
- Attendance (in person or via teleconference) of all regional meetings of the Business Development team;
- Monthly update on BD opportunities/pipeline, results and updates on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as any other important initiatives;
- Exception reports as and when required;
- Any other reporting request as required.
- The role will report directly to the Development Director or BD Manager and will be part of the BD Team within the region of the International Development Business Unit.
- The role will be required to liaise closely with practice area leaders, senior managers, colleagues in the BD team, other employees, professional service providers and donor agencies, particularly DFID, DFAT, USAID and the EC.
- A high degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation where applicable.
- The role will be required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Regional Manager.
- The role will be expected to contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost effective proposals/ideas
- Relevant masters degree in international development, economics, business or related technical field.
- Total minimum of 5 years of development experience in a major development organisation, preferably with some years of experience in a donor agency and demonstrated experience of working with government organisations.
- A deep understanding of the economic, social and political context of Nigeria
- Ability to engage with public and private sector clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong technical writing skills and proven ability
- Excellent attention to detail;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.