Marie Stopes International Oganisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation that believes that women and men have the right to choose when they have children. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International Global Partnership which operates in 43 countries and is one of the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world. Working with Government of Nigeria and in partnership with other organisations, MSION provides family planning and other reproductive healthcare services to underserved communities. Our goal is to improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Location: Lagos (1), Ilorin (1)
Reporting to: Sales Coordinator
The Medical Sales Representative is responsible for generating consumer demand for MSION’s products and services and for ensuring that those services are as widely available as possible in his/her assigned territory with in Nigeria.
To market the company’s products in order to establish, develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationship with customers.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Present and market Marie Stopes’s products and services
- Train Healthcare professionals like Pharmacists, Nurses / Midwives on the proper use of products and related patient counseling and referral schemes
- Pay regular visits and make calls to existing and prospective customers with a view to maintaining / establishing good relationships with them
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Identify customer needs and proactively seek to address them
- Assist with developing and implementing efficient and effective customer service strategies
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Attend trainings to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Objectives and Indicators
- To grow the customer base, business volume and overall market share of the company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Market share growth
- Customer growth rate
- Business volume growth rate
- Revenue growth
- Customer satisfaction
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.Pharm. or a closely related Medical Science degree.
- 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Track record of achieving sales, financial and non-financial targets.
- Strong team building, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Planning, organizational, negotiation and selling skills.
- Transaction processing, relationship management & problem solving skills
- Driving skills.
- Highly self-sufficient, entrepreneurial, innovative, inspirational and persuasive.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission and goals of MSI.
- Must be pro-choice.
- Must be prepared to travel.
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Director
The Sales Operation Officer will be the primary point of contact for the Social Marketing Sales Team, Marketing, Finance and other departments in MSION.
- Sales Forecasting:
The sales ops officer will project sales volume and revenue for each of MSION brands, based on historical sales data and trends, and in liaison with sales coordinator, in order to aid informed business decisions and predict short-term and long-term performance.
- Sales invoicing and Payment Capturing:
He/she will take charge of invoicing and accurately keep records on the description and the quantity of the MSION products sold and to which customers. This will serve as source of record on sales and income generation. He will maintain accurate record on payment by customers to ensure credit limit policy on MSION is enforced.
- Inventory Management:
He will keep accurate records of inventory and flow of goods / stock from manufacturers (e.g. ACME) to the central warehouse (Abuja) and regional offices warehouses, and from these facilities to distributors and other customers. He will advise on re-ordering that will ensure MSION products have a minimum stock cover of three (3) months. He will also ensure healthy shelf life for products to prevent loses arising from expiration.
- Supply chain management / logistics:
He/she will coordinate logistics management to reduce current lead time to customers. He will plan, implement, and control deliveries in order to meet customers’ requirements and delivery timelines.
- Other Sales operations Support (office related):
He will undertake other set of activities and processes that will help SM’s sales operations run effectively, efficiently and in support of business strategies and objectives. This include effectively liaising with finance (especially the credit controller), procurement, operations and HR departments as might be required.
Qualification / Experience (Essential)
- A good university degree.
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales operation management or similar roles in pharmaceuticals or FCMG industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Analytical – the ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information that allows for check points and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance of field force staffs.
Sales Administration Management - Continuously manage sales administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyse report data to project trends and build forecasts, maintain accurate and complete client and prospect database.
Communication –Constantly and effectively communicate with the field force and other stakeholders to promote positive prospect, client, and work relationships.
Results Orientation – Make fact based decisions and follow through to completion, analyse and use data to gain insight and recommend actions, with ability to manage a high level workload and meet tight deadlines.
Collaboration - Effectively build and maintain partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across MSION. Contribute to team and company success. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicate and share information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, 29th August 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.