The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for Trade Helper position in the Facilities Maintenance Section (FAC), Abuja.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent assists skilled technicians with whom s/he will be working at embassy and residential compounds. H/his duties include maintenance and repair work, including painting, masonry, and carpentry work and other duties as assigned.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Elementary/Primary School or Basic training in one or more of the building maintenance trades is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in one or more building maintenance trades: Electrician, Plumber, Mason, A/C Technician, Carpenter and Painter are required.
- Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required.
- Knowledge of safe working practices is required.
- Ability to differentiate hand tools is required.
- Must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license.
go to method of application »
Ref: A56053, A56055
Location: Abuja, Facilities Maintenance Section(FMC).
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Number of positions: 2
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent performs janitorial duties in the classified areas at the Embassy Compound.
- S/he is responsible for cleaning classified area, equipment rooms, pent house and unclassified spaces, receives expendable janitorial supplies from General Services Office (GSO) stores.
- Provides escort duties for Facility Maintenance (FAC) contractors.
- The position is responsible for operating Facilities Maintenance Sections (FAC) man-lift equipment.
- Additionally, s/he routinely washes towels, bed sheets and medical clothing from the Embassy’s Health Unit, and performs other duties as assigned by the FAC Administrative Assistant or Facility Manager.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Secondary School Education is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year responsible experience in janitorial services is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required.
- Knowledge of janitorial supply instructions, materials and equipment is required.
Method of Application
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html and/or by telephone number 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Method of Application
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
Click here to download the Position Decription for Trade Helper (PDF)
Click here to download job description for Janitors (PDF)
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered.