Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries - in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
- Under the direct supervision of: FS Supervisor
- Under the indirect supervision of: FSL Project Manager
- Supervision of :
- Under the overall supervision of: Field Coordinator
Under the direct supervision of the FS Supervisor, the Distribution Officer will organize, manage and implement distribution to beneficiaries, in keeping with PUI procedures and standards.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Under the responsibility of the PM, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of distributions.
- Implement distribution using PUI tools, in particular:
- Take part in the census and registration of beneficiaries
- Implement site distribution
- Recruit and train daily workers
- Delegate daily worker site tasks according to the team Leader's instructions
- Supervise distribution to beneficiaries
- Ensure that each registered, identified beneficiary has benefited from distributions.
- After distribution has taken place, calculate and confirm the number of households which benefited and the quantity of vouchers distributed.
- Gather and replace materials used during distribution.
- Respect PUI's administrative procedures before, during, and after distribution.
- Vouchers distribution & awareness
- Identification of the suppliers on the market (raising awareness, selection, recording, partnership agreements)
- Ensure a follow-up of the stocks of the suppliers and collect the vouchers
- Define & ensure an awareness campaign with the beneficiaries and the supplier in respect with PUI procedures
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her PM Assistant.
- Archive distribution cards / censuses and lists of beneficiaries.
- Under the supervision of the PM Assistant, participate in the drafting of distribution reports
- Pass on any information regarding the distribution process
- Extract and pass on distribution statistics to the team supervisor and/or program manager
- Take part in seminars and training workshops relating to distribution tasks and to goal attainment.
- Report to the PM Assistant on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Pass on any information or problems concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activity
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population.
- Collaborate with local administration and authorities.
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request.
- The tasks and responsabilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and good notions in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: Essential literacy.
- Work experience: Desirable six months of previous experience in Food Security and Livelihoods & cash transfers activites.
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Good knowledge of Aweil districts’ geography, willing to travel locally.
- Stress Management
go to method of application »
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
- Under the direct supervision of: Administrative & Financial Coordinator
- Under the indirect supervision of:
- Supervision of: Administrative Team (Cook, cleaner)
- Under the overall supervision of: Head of Mission
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative & Financial Coordinator, the Finance Administrative Assistant supports the Administrative & Financial Coordinator in implementing and supervising all the activities related to finance, accounting and cash management at his/her assigned base. In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving financial and administrative documents. He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the Administrative & Financial Coordinator in his/her absence.
Responsibilities and tasks
Treasury & Cash follow-up
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash box and report any discrepancies to superior
- To manage the petty cash
- To do and follow up the pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- To prepare and validate any checks done at base and mission level
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of PUI
- To monitor due dates for payments of contracts
- To check the payment request sent by the programs (cash for rent, self-aid etc..)
- List liquidity needs in concert with the Admin coordinator
- To guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
- To participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at base and mission level
- To support the base on the financial procedures and tools
- To collect all invoices exempted from the VAT and to do a quarterly report
- To follow the regulations in terms of taxation
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- To check, before recording any entry, that the invoices are compliant with PUI regulations and procedures
- To translate accounting documents if needed
- To record all expenses in the excel sheet on a daily basis, and to properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code etc…)
- To prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- To issue vouchers, and to properly archive the invoices and SAGA voutchers in dedicated files
- Archive accounting records according to PUI procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- To support the base on the accounting procedures and monthly closure
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Aid admin coordinator in relations with administrative authorities
Human resource management
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the admin & financial team.
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the Admin Coordinator
- Ensure or assist with financial training.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Finance, Accounting
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors
- Good management and pedagogical skills
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations
- Work in relief sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Accounting and finance
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
Method of Application
Applicants should submit copies of updated CV, letter of motivation and national ID card and reference contacts. Applications should be sent before 10th of May, 2016 by 5.00 PM to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.