The Niger State Community and Social Development Agency (NGCSDA) - The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The overall goal of the CSDP is to improve access to services for Human Development (HD). To achieve this goal, the Project Development objective is to increase access of poor people to social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to beneficiaries for identifying, prioritizing, implementation and maintenance of Community-driven micro projects in approved Community Development Plans (CDPs).
The Niger State Community and Social Development Agency (NGCSDA), now invites applications from suitable qualified candidates from the public and private sector for recruitment into the position below:
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS;
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that arc socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of CDP in line with (the second bullet above)
- Build capacity of the CPMCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc. as identified by the Project Officer - IEC and training;
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts of the CPMCs;
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/data on micro-project activities in communities:
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager, Operations.
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project Officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to the Project Officer, Supervision.
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service
go to method of application »
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities. -
- Provide implementation assistance to M&E Manager
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitor progress towards attainment of targets and to adapt targets to realities.
- Provide an improved foundation for planning effective resource use;
- Identify unacceptably high cost interventions and operations;
- Provide record of events.
- Provide information base for future evaluation, maintain quality standards.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by M&E Manager.
- At least first degree in Social Science, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Rural Development, and Related fields, with at least five years Post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community based initiatives.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven Development (CDD) is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
- Supervise and carryout promotions and outreach programme to create awareness of SA activities.
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the state level through Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaigns;
- Ensure linkage with relevant ministries/agencies on integrating collective action and mobilization of resources, for sectoral development plans;
- Undertake regular skill gap analysis of project staff, line ministries LGRC and CPMC and members
- Supervise in liaison with relevant SA Staff and line ministries staff all training delivery to CPMCs and LGRC's;
- Prepare budget estimates and annual work plan for training information, education and communication awareness and communication.
- Maintain link with the update knowledge of other agencies’ programmes on advocacy. sensitization and awareness and communication.
- Be responsible for preparing periodic reports on progress in advocacy, mobilization and awareness, measured against the targets of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/donor requirements);
- Responsible for communication materials development;
- Organize learning events for stakeholders;
- Coordinate and facilitate CDD cross-learning events and information sharing amongst stakeholders;
- Monitoring and coordination of Information, Education and Communication activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Manager Operation.
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agricultural extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
The Finance and Administration Manager shall he charged with the responsibility for:
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities;
- Procession and paying all bills, salaries (etc) pertaining to the smooth running in the SA;
- Maintaining schedules of personnel, welfare and other personnel functions;
- Ensuring the proper recording of financial transactions of the Agency;
- Generating adequate reliable and timely financial reports for the GM. and other departments.
- Preparing annual budget and work plans for the SA;
- Processing and managing all fund disbursement as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to communities:
- Liaising with banks, tax authorities, and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on financial progress of micro-projects and CDPs;
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Reports(FMRs);
- Assisting the GM in the day-day running of the 5k
- Reviewing financing transactions of communities in line with General Guidelines issued by the SA, FPSU and Funding Agencies, and making reprise to the GM; and
- Offering training and capacity building in the areas of financial management. record keeping, and other related matters the community.
- A university Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance and membership of professional association such as ACA, ACCA, ANAN, or their equivalents with at least twelve years post qualification experience.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit ten (10) copies of hand written application each with comprehensive curriculum vitae and photocopy of credentials and delivered to:
Niger State Community and Social Development Agency,
Abdullahi Kure House,
No. A6 Muazu Muhammed Road,
- Applicants are to clearly mark on the envelop "Expression of Interested for Operations Officer position".
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.