If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Aldelia is a specialist Oil & Gas , Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- The Electrical Designer - Commercial plays a key role in the successful execution of projects, focusing primarily on the production of AutoCAD drawings and/or 3D modeling.
- Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the Electrical Designer is responsible for producing quality construction documents and coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines.
- The successful candidate will also be expected to work within a team environment and collaborate with other project team members.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Lighting layout and design (interior, exterior, landscape, specialty, egress/exit and lighting controls)
- Utilize and create spreadsheets for electrical calculations
- Gather electrical data from clients, architects and other disciplines
- Position Specification
- Coordinate work with other external stakeholders (civil and structural engineers, architects, food service companies, etc.)
- Estimate building electrical loads
- Size rooms (electrical, telecommunications equipment rooms and closets)
- Size motor feeders and starters
- Perform voltage drop calculations, short circuit calculations
- Layout electrical equipment ( panelboards, transformers, receptacles)
- Write construction observations, reports, etc.
- Edit master schedules (panelboards, motors, lighting fixtures, lighting controls)
- Effectively estimate hours and scope of work, thereby contributing to the creation of budgets and project schedules
- Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Five plus (5+) years design experience in a consulting and/or construction capacity.
- Basic understanding of Architectural, Electrical, Civil, and Structural Engineering construction practices.
- Application of Electrical Engineering Principles (e.g., Ohms’ law, selective coordination, grounding, harmonics, etc.).
- Knowledge of arc fault analysis (SKM Power Tool and Windows).
- Experience in the design of Low Voltage Systems (security, telephone/data, CCTV, MATV, other A/V) is preferred but not required.
- Also desired is design experience with medium voltage systems.
go to method of application »
- Work with the customer to define requirements and develop task order proposals.
- Designing mechanical building systems including HVAC and plumbing
- Perform engineering analysis of heating and cooling load calculations and energy analysis
- Create mechanical building system design plans from engineering concepts
- Communicate and coordinate with architectural or structural or electrical or plumbing and fire protection.
- Develop construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD MEP in 3D
- Perform other related duties as required
- 5+ years experience in mechanical design which includes performing basic calculations and equipment selection knowledge
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- Experience designing mechanical projects using AutoCAD
- Ability to use CAD to produce construction plans
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- Experience with building construction means and methods.
- Ability to design air and hydronic systems including sizing ductwork and piping.
- Experience designing mechanical projects using AutoCAD MEP in 3D
- Ability to use CAD to produce construction plans.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org