New Recruitment at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 12 January, 2016
Deadline: 17 January, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Produces the delegation’s media content for Nigeria: collects print and AV material on the humanitarian situation in the country and on the Red Cross activities.
- Establishes and maintains a network of contacts with the national and international media (print, radio, TV).
- Proposes and implement media strategies for specific activities or events.
- Prepares drafts of news release and other communication tools.
- Identifies and engages with journalists and external resource persons for organising "Humanitarian Reporting" training
- Proactively shares analysis on the delegation’s public communication approach
- University degree in journalism.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience journalism, including with international media
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent written communication and reporting skills
- Very good AV production skills (photos, videos)
- Very good analytical skills
- At ease with social media
- Create media content for national and international media
- Contribute to the analysis on the relevance of the delegation’s public communication efforts
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Media Officer" as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 17.01.2016. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Country Director at United Purpose (UP)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Skill Trainers at Women for Women International (WfWI)
- Administrative & Human Resources Associate at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
- Latest Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- HR/Administrative Manager at Youngstars Foundation
- Psychosocial Councelor at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale