Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member who will be working as the Assistant Director [NGO].
Reporting to the Executive Director, you develop and coordinate an operational plan which incorporates the Foundation’s goals and objectives towards protecting the rights of children
- Lead the Foundation’s project development and program management initiatives.
- Identify and monitor program activities that benefit and complement the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Develop strategies to increase the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives, facilitate a range of fundraising events, new program inaugurations and speak directly with reporters, donor agencies, government representatives/members of the community at these events
- Support in the development of a strategic plan and develop mechanisms to facilitate the adoption of the plan.
- Support the development and implementation of the Foundation’s strategic approach for key child abuse programs and advocacy goals.
- Participate in long and short-term program development plans.
- Oversee the preparation of project proposals, research grants, prepare grant reports and coordinate the prompt submission of grant reports.
- Administer grants for the execution of program activities in accordance with approved budget allocations.
- Develop a framework for the assessment of program impact while making necessary changes and improvements where necessary.
- Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure the timely completion of program deliverables.
- Review program outcomes vis-à-vis contractual commitments and grant commitments.
- Develop and schedule program activities in accordance with specifications and funding limitation.
- Provide comprehensive, reports on the revenues, expenditures and budget forecasts of the organization.
- Monitor, analyse and comment on debates around child rights, particularly as it relates to child abuse.
- Represent the Foundation at workshops, trainings and interactions organized by partner organisations.
- Engage with government and donor experts and agencies on child right matters at federal, state and local government levels.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for an appropriate system of fiscal accountability, grant administration/management and community intervention.
- Track current regional and national economic, political, social, and other trends impacting on target group and inform appropriate personnel on actions or pending actions that would impact their work.
- Provide strategic guidance to program while contributing to program context and needs.
- Build on new and existing relationship with civil society network and work towards strengthening the Foundation’s advocacy and capacity building strategies.
- Facilitate collaborative opportunities with other civil society organisations.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Develop background documents, briefs, and presentations, including carrying out relevant literature reviews and analysis on the rights of the child
- Monitor program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent proposal writing and facilitation skills
- High-level strategic thinker, with a strong grasp of national and international child right policies.
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of progressively responsible International Management experience in an NGO or relevant International work experience.
- Fundraising, project development and program management experience.
- Proven understanding and experience of advocacy and policy change work within a complex humanitarian context.
- Working knowledge of multi-disciplinary child abuse response systems.
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area.
go to method of application »
Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member who will be working as Research Analyst.
Reporting to the County Program Manager, you will provide foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work; write project reports and research proposals.
The ideal candidate will be a talented writer who can translate numbers into stories, or a strong data analyst who can write better each time. Previous international exposure/experience preferred
- Identify priority program areas for implementation of organization’s mission and goals.
- Conduct research and advocacy to influence policies and practices of governments, IGOs, and NGOs, with a particular focus on Child abuse.
- Collect and maintain information (data and reports) in a well-organized manner to support analyzes and for further dissemination.
- Draft research reports designed to influence child rights and conduct policy-relevant research on child abuse towards developing innovative approaches to conceptualizing child rights.
- Implement advocacy using research results, through report dissemination, one-to-one meetings, training and focus group discussions.
- Develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders and interlocutors in order to build networks to learn and share advocacy messages.
- Contribute to strategies, approaches, and projects designed to address child abuse and other priority research topics, as and when identified, and contribute to fundraising.
- Perform a wide variety of research field work preparation tasks i.e, make detailed observations, enter data in Excel format, assist in analyzing data and collect supporting documents or literature from the internet and other sources for interpreting results.
- Assist in the process of building collaboration with other partner institutions, i.e, maintain and update contact lists of implementing and research partners, other key stakeholders, and consultants, keep confidentiality of files on projects.
- Contribute to the overall research process of preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyzes by identifying current scientific literature as assigned by the Program staff.
- Provide logistical support to staff in planning and organizing conferences, workshops and meetings and participate in relevant meetings.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Detail oriented, strong primary, secondary and on-line research skills
- Strong communications skills, comfortable working in team
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Economics, Statistics or related fields
- 3 years’ social work experience, preferably with international exposure/experience preferred
- Experience in market research or development economics is desirable.
- Ability to analyze complex data and run reports
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and synthesize findings into persuasive recommendations
- Good project management skill and client contact
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) desirable
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Bradfield's Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.